Most aggressive Hair Loss EVER

Good Guy

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I am so disturbed by what has happened to my hair I feel like I'm in a bad nightmare, I stopped smoking and started lifting weights around Decenmber 2011 and I had a full head of hair and around February I noticed my hair was thinning all over the top of my head and I started putting Extra Virgin Olive Oil on my head everynight because I read that it helps your hair.

Everytime I would put the olive oil on my head I would comb it through with my hands and everytime I did this my hand would be full of hair so I went to a dermatolagist and got proscar on may 29 2012 and started taking it around June 20 2012,, it is now September 4 and I swear to you I have lost about 70 percent of the hair on my head ( I am not exaggerating ) the whole top of my head is so thin I cannot believe what it looks like, I am losing my mind, I dont know how this could happen so fast.

I never had any hair loss, no thinning in the crown or anything else and now the whole top of my head is so thin I am in shock everytime I look in the mirror, I don't even want to leave the house anymore I'm so embarrased. Has anyone ever heard of something like this happening I didn't think it was male pattern baldness because of how fast it happened but it's only hair loss on the top of my head so I'm sure it is male pattern baldness but how the HELL could it happen so fast like this. Any input would be gratly appreciated.

Benjamin36

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair loss may have become worse as a result of shedding from the Proscar. Take a look at the shedding section on this site.