Most OVERRATED product = ...

moegreen

Reaction score
really? how/why do you say that?

i'm actually trying to make my solution and make it a part of my regimen... i think i read some good article on it which had some science behind it

G

spironolactone look good on teh paper, on teh noggin it like one legged donkey.

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
spironolactone has a lot of science behind it therefore I *shall* use it.

Saw Palm has no science behind it therefore I shall not use it (and not mention it's name for that matter on these pages - SP on HairLossTalk.com.com = 666)

http://www.junkscience.com/

Think laterally.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Ive been on spironolactone and Rev and Nizoral for a good year and a half now and have not lost any hair ... maintained just as well as on Propecia ... I can only assume its doing something!

HairLossTalk.com

Red Rose

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com fair enough!

Results should be measured by people's own personal experiences with that product.

People shouldn't be so quick to jump on the bandwagon because something looks good on paper and conversely rule something out all together because its fashionable to say so.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I have never known anyone have success alone with spironolactone... Which makes me doubt its worth as a stand alone treatment.

JesusFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
I had very good success with using dr. lees topical spironolactone 2% as a single agent. It only took about 3 months to see results. The regrowth was so noticable that my stylist did a double take when she noticed it the first time. She said, "did you know you have thousands of 1 inch hairs growing all over your scalp, mostly in the crown?"

Again, I was using nothing else but spironolactone.

The Gardener

Reaction score
spironolactone has been good for me too. In fact, I upgraded from using the 2% everywhere to just using the 5% on the hairline, and my hairline has been steadily improving. I also use it on my eyebrows, and the 'old age' thickening of some of my eyebrows is not thinned out. This stuff definitely does have an impact.