Moving from Regaine to Propecia...anyone had problems?

Randers

Reaction score
Hello all, im new to the forum and was wondering if people have had any experiences with moving from Regaine to Propecia?

I am 23 and was using Regaine for around 1.5 years and it was working fine, seemed to reduce the loss. But I found it was very annoying to use and would leave my hair greasy and would take ages to soak in. I then decided to move to Propecia as it was simpler...take one pill a day!

I have now been using it for nearly four months and since changing I have lost around 35% of my hair without any signs of regrowth :freaked: Has anyone had similar problems, I know that when you stop regaine it says you will lose what you retained but never thought it would be this bad...should I carry on with Propecia and see if it works....does it normally take this long?

Cheers

marsbtchsx

Established Member
Reaction score
propecia is primarily used to retain wut u have.....but the hair grown with rogaine is different....that hair needs the rogaine to grow now....without it even propecia isnt gonna help keep or grow those hairs...wut propecia should do is help with the hair that was still growing on ur head that did not need rogaine to grow in the first place...propecia should help you keep those hairs and maybe even see some regrowth but not at month 4 that seems too early

oni

Reaction score
Get back on minoxidil as soon as possible and keep up with the propecia. I think you should try a different brand of minoxidil. :)