Mpar33's Story - (32)

mpar33

Reaction score
Hello

I'm 32 and started a very slight receding hairline when I was in my early 20's. I have been on Propecia for about 7 years and it has pretty much worked well. Over the last year I have thinned out more on my right temple and my hair line is slightly thinner overall but my crown and vertex have a pretty good covering. I would say I am a NW2 at worst. My concern is that it will get worse as I have noticed it more lately. I started Nizoral shampoo 1% w/ the Propecia yesterday. I was thinking about trying the Rogaine foam but my main problem is with my hairline and everyone says that the foam doesn't work in that area. Plus I have heard so many bad shedding stories. I don't want to ruin what I have as I still have a decent amount on my head and would like to keep it as long as possible. Any thoughts or should I just keep doing what I'm doing and hope everything continues to stay the way it is. If it does, I can live with that. I appreciate any advice. Thanks

Hoppi

Reaction score
Re: MPAR's Story - (32)

Well, if it were me... I would enhance the follicles and do more to combat DHT topically :)

Now, I'm a noob to the latter of those 2, but this is my current website of choice: http://www.hairstimulator.net/

The only thing I would say is there may well be better shampoo and conditioner combos for this that I don't know about, it's just these are my faves so far :)

Either way, it can hardly be a bad start!!

Mike!

PS -- I had exactly the same reservations about Minoxidil. It's mechanism(s) of action are still not fully understood from what I can gather. It's probably a good treatment, but yeah I wouldn't say there's a need to rush to try it :)

Then again, I'm not really the best person to ask about it - hopefully some current users of it will post soon!

mpar33

Reaction score
Re: MPAR's Story - (32)

Decided to try the Foam. So my new regiment is the Big 3. Would like to hear from others as to how they progressed.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Oh ok. Yeah my main concern with Minoxidil (Rogaine) was recently solved as people said the initial shed of hair that some people experience is nothing to be worried about as the follicles will soon after sprout new, thicker hair :)

So yeah, it's probably cool! If my current regimen doesn't prove satisfactory (even after increasing Finasteride), I'll throw some Rogaine foam in there too :)

mpar33

Reaction score
I have been on Propecia for around 7 years and I have nothing but good things to say. No side effects at all and I think it helped me as much as it could. I recommend it.

blink

Established Member
Reaction score
did propecia regrow anything for you (initially or overall)? or did it just maintain/stop further loss?

mpar33

Reaction score
Initially my hair loss was minimal. Hard to notice except at the hairline. But I wanted to try Propecia because I heard such great things. There wasn't really any growth but I kept what I had for several years so to me it has been worth it. Just starting to show signs of more thinning but mainly at the hairline. So I was hoping to add some more to try and combat it.

mpar33

Reaction score
Ok so I have been on the foam for about a week. Slight rash on my neck only. Scalp is fine. Also my face gets a little red after the application. I'm not itchy however. Has anyone had this happen? Does it go away or could this be an allergic reaction? Should I stop taking this stuff?

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your body will get used to it soon.Give it at least a couple of months and by then you should most likely have no side effects.