MPBfighter's story

MPBfighter

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have joined these forums in need of advice and help. I have always had thin hair throughout my life, but not to the extent where you could see my scalp. Over the past year I have noticed that my hair has been shedding and thinning drastically. I have been extremely depressed about my ex-gf (who I thought I was going to marry) leaving me, and also graduating from college. I am 23 years old and my family has no signs of balding. What I want to know is if this is a temporary stage of balding because I am depressed? Or is it permanent and I inherited from my genes? I am considering taking propecia, but would like feedback from members on these forums before hand. Thank you in advance.

*Update* I have decided to start using 5% Rogaine foam along with a DHT inhibitor shampoo. I will see how this works for 6 months then I will decide if I want to try finasteride or not. I have also attached a few more shots of my head, with the camera flash on, for everyone to track my progress. Any and all feedback will be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• DSC01273.JPG
    DSC01273.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 218
  • DSC01274.JPG
    DSC01274.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 193
  • DSC01275.JPG
    DSC01275.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 175
  • DSC01276.JPG
    DSC01276.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 192
  • DSC01278.JPG
    DSC01278.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 200

gunmaster

Reaction score
Re: integtyper's story

Women are a dime a dozen its best that your broke up. If she can't stand by you when you need her the most. She wasn't meant for you.

Hairloss well I think you need to add some stuff poping a pill isn't going todo much.

dboy

Reaction score

hi..my fellow asian...

I recommend you use rogaine 5% foam or even 15% minoxidil from amazon.....Stay away from propecia....it'll make you impotent unless you dont care about your sex life....

WillNotLetItHappen

Established Member
Reaction score

The standard regimen is Propecia and Minoxidil 5%. That's what everybody would recommend. Something to stop DHT, something to let hair regrow.

I don't know about that advice above. Unless that person is impotent because of Propecia I don't know where he takes that from. Most people that take it aren't and will not be.

MPBfighter

Reaction score

Thanks for the advice everyone. Since my family has no history of balding could it be possible that I am going through a temporary phase? I would rather not take propecia unless I absolutely have to

sergiotahini

Established Member
Reaction score

very unlikely this is temporary - you are diffusely balding in the horseshoe area, which is indicative of genetic male pattern baldness. stress induced balding would be all over the head, more or less evenly (the sides and back would be just as thin as the top).

MPBfighter

Reaction score

Ok so I have decided to use just Minoxidil 5% to see if I get any results. Can anyone recommend a good shampoo that I can use in conjunction with Minoxidil? Thanks guys!

MPBfighter

Reaction score

although my hair is been thinning and shedding drastically in the last 12 months, I've noticed that the shedding has almost completely stopped. will using 5% min make my hair follicles thicker?

ivangennaro

Established Member
Reaction score

Don't wanna be mean but are there any Asians who have wavy or curly hair? I've never seen that.

MPBfighter

Reaction score

i have always had somewhat curly hair. this is my hair straight out of the shower and dried with a towel. the camera flash is on as well and i took it in a bright room. this is pretty much the harshest lighting conditions possible.

JohnDoe1989

Reaction score

HI mate. I wanna say good luck to you. it's a drag to lose your hair. i know how it is for me.I don't rly get your hair at all. you've got thin hair on the sides 2. this is a little spooky. :D but i think you've still got good coverage, all you've got to do is gain a little thickness.

i can say that the best thing imo to use without sides is xandrox 15%. http://www.minoxidilsolutions.com/products/940/. It has topical finasteride, but i think there are less to none sides for some. So if you consider taking finasteride better start with it topical! If u can't get xandrox u could try making it yourself: buy a minoxidil solution and add 3-4 proscar pills.(i added some jojoba oil in mine for better absorption). And start taking Zinc 50mg and Biotin 5000mcg EOD. It helps your body and i think it can do you a good job on hair too. Hope it has helped you a little.

MPBfighter

Reaction score

i think that i have a good amount of coverage as well, it's just the hair follicles are beginning to become extremely thin! i hope rogaine and a min shampoo will help!

niff1239

Reaction score

You are losing hair also at the sides and there's no male pattern baldness in your family. It coud be CTE and not male pattern baldness. I wouldn't try finasteride right now.

MPBfighter

Reaction score

it's time for an update....

well since my first post on these forums i have been on minoxidil 5% (foam in the mornings and liquid at night) for about 6 months now. this past month i just started nizoral. so far very little results....will post pics soon!