Mpower's Story-(25,random thoughts on minoxidil & revivogen)

mpower

Established Member
Reaction score
hi guys... fisrt post here.
I've been reading for some time but now I decided it's time to join the community(which is great by the way).

I'm a 25 and noticed the first thinning at the temples about and year and half from now... few months after that I realized what's going on :badmood: :sobbing: (one of my biggest fears), of course I first denied it... then did some online reasearch... ordered some minoxidil nov 2007 and started using it along with nizoral which I had used for an year back then, not very disciplined though. I noticed some improvement(from the foam) after 2 months... before that I was shedding like crazy, that almost made me loose faith but I continued... anyway some of my hair grew back but it was very thin, my hairloss definately stopped. I think I did something stupid two months ago I wasn't following the minoxidil schedule closely and noticed that I am shedding like crazy again so I am getting back to tight schedule... as for the revivogen thing... I like the smell(like it's something delicious LOL) and I have a feeling that my hair has more healthy look after I apply it. very messy though, really not good for your personal life ;). really not sure how to continue with my treatment... any comments/advice is welcome.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
Re: mpower (25) - random thoughts on minoxidil and revivogen

use the foam everyday twice,get on finasteride and use nizoral 2% shampoo,also carry on with the revivogen

ruffles

Reaction score

I noticed that almost everyone says to use foam minoxidil. What's wrong with liquid?

mpower

Established Member
Reaction score

Hans Gruber (nice name, you're fan of die hard ? )
I am not sure about finasteride... read lots of negative comments from the guys here. anyway thanks for the advice.

about the foam... I've never used the old product so I can't tell.

heretohelp

Reaction score

hey, would keep up the minoxidil and nizoral but would defo consider goin on the finasteride. dont worry bout the side effects ,studies show that only out 1.6% of men taking finasteride notice any side effects ata all.Also these side effects often wear off and if worst comes to worst and it doesnt then just stop taking and they'll reverse. The side effects are NOT perminent. finasteride has been proven to regrow hair on its own and is even more benificial when used as part of the big 3. Also it can be used for years and the sooner you start the more hair you'll likely be able to regrow and keep.

mpower

Established Member
Reaction score

hm, I will give it a second thought (finasteride)
...I noticed recently that I am shedding like crazy on the left and my right side hasn't changed in months ... wtf is going on?
maybe I can post some pictures later. anyone experinced a similar thing ?

Obsidian

Reaction score

Don't worry about your right side, not everyone balds at an even rate, it will catch up with time. :sobbing:

mpower

Established Member
Reaction score

damn I wanna get off this train... :crazy:

p.s. I've just noticed that all the emoticons are for bad mood... at least I got a lot to choose from :thumbsdown: :shakehead: :sobbing: :puke: :freaked2: :freak: :$

mpower

Established Member
Reaction score
It looks like this is working... some of the colorless hairs on my temples turned black... it's really slow but it looks like persistance pays itself...
minoxidil morning + revivogen at night + nizoral every other day. if not anything at least my hair thickened a lot where I have it. I am considering buying revivogen shampoo...

it looks like that the moral of the story is - once you get on these treatments... they are for life

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
they certainly are...

i also started getting lots of tiny vellus hair everywhere around month 2.... i am coming up to month 4 and they have thickened up (especially in the past 2 weeks).... i m very excited :woot:

mpower

Established Member
Reaction score
... wanted to share some more experience it seems I always learn the things the hard way...
I haven't been able to follow my regimen for like 2 months... moved from europe to the states... that were the busiest two months that I had for a long time and I totally forgot about the treatments... I was using revivogen shampoo only and it did ... YES ... NOTHING. it looks like it's totally useless. I am almost at the start now (nw2)... so I resumed my treatments like a month ago...
the things are slowly improving back and I am considering adding tricomin or something like that.

p.s. how about mixing revivogen with revivogen shampoo or some other shampoo... what do you think? this stuff is really painfull to apply ;(

mpower

Established Member
Reaction score
forgot to tell that I shedded like crazy for a month after I resumed minoxidil... shedding sux.
then it stopped two weeks ago + added tricomin... this thing is a hair growth speed booster... definately. it looks like it combines well with minoxidil. as I am strictly following the regimen now, I am seeing a good deal of small black hairs on my temples... yay!

bottom line - NEVER stop your treatment.