Mr. Hojati's Story (Age 25 + PLENTY OF PICS ADDED)

Mr. Hojati

Reaction score
So, can it get any worse?

I'm a 25 year old, healthy, non-smoking male, that has suffered from hair loss for the past 1.5-2 years. My temples are receding and I've lost quite some hair on the top of my head. I used to have REALLY REALLY thick and curly hair, but it's thinned out very much. I still have VERY VERY thick hair growing on the back of my head, but it's on the top and the receding temples my problems lie.

I used Toppik daily to give my hair that thick feeling, but I've recently ordered 4 months of Rogaine Foam and start my treatment. Problem is the shedding. Can it get any worse than what you guys can see in the pictures?

I've thought about treating my receding temples for the first 3 months or so, just to check if it works with my hair? :dunno:

My hair today looks like this:

ITNEVERRAINS

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Mr. Hojati's Story (Age 25 + PICS)

At your stage (around a NW5) you could start w/ Rogaine and see how it works, it may stop shedding and maintain any future hairloss, but you've lost quite considerably. and being only 25, you could still possibly lose more in the future, although you may retain your present state forever, it's just too early to know. My advice, I don't think you'll ever get the results from finasteride or minoxidil that would justify the results you are looking for, and there can be risks. If the toppik is working, I say keep concealing, if you've got the $ you could try minoxidil, but I'd say hold off, hope you keep your thick curly hair as is, b/c if so you have great donor hair for hair transplant. 2-3 sessions w/ a good Doctor would give you better coverage for life, as thick curly hair makes the best results.

Mr. Hojati

Reaction score

:sobbing:

You don't think Minoxidil will help regrow my hair? I'm not thinking about getting a hair transplant. Just bought a hell of a lot of vitamins today. I'm single and my eating habbits are below average.

My grows thick unbelievably fast on the back of my head. This picture shows me 3 months after getting a haircut (I've cut my hair since this picture).

I have 4 months of Rogaine Foam on the way from the US. Thinking about cutting my hair short and starting treatment. As it stands today, I'm not sure if there is more hair to loose on the top of my head :dunno:

When I was 5 years younger I used to comb my hair backwards. Would that help to conceal it?

Mr. Hojati

Reaction score

IMO the above didn't do me justice. :D

I just took a shower and produced a couple of better shots.

The last pic is my hair wet and the first shot is my hair dry. So have my chances improved? :whistle:

I'll add another picture later with Toppik applied.

Mr. Hojati

Reaction score
So I should have started sooner?

I don't get it. Hair REGROWTH Treatment? :dunno:

I haven't even begun using the foam and already my hopes are dimminishing :( Maybe I should keep on spending Toppik. That at least boosts my confidence and self esteem. :)

Pereira

Established Member
Reaction score
your hairloss is very advanced.. BUT

if you do not give up moving to a shaved head or something like that. If you keep using toppik, if you have money to support treatments, i would say give a try to the big 3, propecia, minoxidil, nizoral.

Your hair is dark and you say its thick on the back, most of the amazing treatments that I saw was people with that characteristics. Again, if you have money to support treatments and wanna give a try.. I don't see any problem with that

Mr. Hojati

Reaction score
No way dude. :)

I'll just wait a few weeks and see how my hair grows before I do anything.

Any advice? I shower every morning. Is that a good or bad thing? :)

Obsidian

Reaction score
Dude I would at least get it trimmed up, short and nice. Your hair ain't gonna grow in a few weeks, it will takes months even a couple years to see the final results if you get on the big 3 if any. Showering don't make any difference whether you do it at night or in the morning, just wash your hair or you will see more hair fall out than usual if you skip.