Mrfifs story (24 years old)

mrfifs

Reaction score
Hi there.

I'm no different from any other guys posting here. Unfortunately for me, I do suffer from MPH. Its a pain in the *** and money wise i've spent on ridiculous products to counter my hair loss. Finally today ive decided to start on Propecia.

I have been using minoxidil though since Sept 2010. Doctor gave me 2%, then 3% and around may 2011 started using 5%. Yes ive seen results, hair growth on the temples but unfortunately again the effects wear off. Currently using minoxidil 5% but i find it not effective at all hence was advised to start on propecia for better results.

Im trying to stay positive and optimistic and not think much about the side effects. I just want my hair to be normal.

update: pictures taken on 28 Feb 2012 uploaded

Attachments

• 20120228_211003.jpg
    20120228_211003.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 215
  • 20120228_211022.jpg
    20120228_211022.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 202
  • 20120228_211031.jpg
    20120228_211031.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 199
  • 20120228_211058.jpg
    20120228_211058.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 224

mrfifs

Reaction score
Hi guys. Today marks the first day taking propecia 1Mg. And I've applied Minox5% around my temples and crown. Going to have a haircut and shave all Cos my hair is a mess right now. I have some questions to enquire and hope to have some replies.

Does it matter the dosage as I've noticed alot taking 1.25mg finasteride and I'm taking 1mg finasteride?
How many times do I need to shampoo my hair daily? I use klorane shampoo and wash my hair twice a day, morning and evening.
And what's the use for the nizoral shampoo?

Help is very much appreciated.

mrfifs

Reaction score
So ive decided to cut my hair short yesterday. first day on propecia, im not sure but kind of feel brain fog around afternoon at work like in a daze. haha. Damn. Going to fight this. After work went to gym and I feel energized!

K

Kirby

The brain fog is most likely to be psychological at this stage, IMO. know how you feel about cutting your hair, I cut lots off when I started finasteride, and currently wet-shaving my head every day (!) until I hit the 5-month mark, when I'll begin the grow out, hopefully with some results. :)

mrfifs

Reaction score
Kirby said:
The brain fog is most likely to be psychological at this stage, IMO. know how you feel about cutting your hair, I cut lots off when I started finasteride, and currently wet-shaving my head every day (!) until I hit the 5-month mark, when I'll begin the grow out, hopefully with some results. :)
Hows your progress so far? How long have you been on finasteride?

K

Kirby

mrfifs said:
Kirby said:
Over three months. Too early to tell progress wise, but thankfully no side affects at all after the third week.

mrfifs

Reaction score
Kirby said:
mrfifs said:
Kirby said:
Over three months. Too early to tell progress wise, but thankfully no side affects at all after the third week.
Ok thanks mate. I wish you good luck! So far my libido is ok. Yesterday did some testing everything is fine. Just going to gym harder and not think too much about this.

Oh ya. minoxidil is really itching my head. but I can still endure.

mrfifs

Reaction score
A little update.

10 days on Propecia (1mg finasteride) and minoxidil 5%(morning and evening). Today i experience alot of shed during washing hair in the morning (about 20 strands). past few days my crown and temple been itching bad but i just refrain myself from scratching the head. Whats the nizoral used for since its part of the Big 3?

Is the itching indicating the new hair is growing?

I do notice that the hairline is slightly better but it may just be my imagination. No sides so far. Hopefully.

Attachments

• 20120309_203525.jpg
    20120309_203525.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 20120309_203550.jpg
    20120309_203550.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 155
  • 20120309_203611.jpg
    20120309_203611.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 172
  • 20120309_203630.jpg
    20120309_203630.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 166

mrfifs

Reaction score
Update:
exactly 14 days on propecia, 5% minoxidil day and night. and today i just bought Nizoral 2%. i couldnt stand the itch, its getting unbearable. as much as i tried to distract my thoughts, i just couldnt do it.

so past few days been seeing alot of shedding. damn. but most of the sheds are long hair as in the old hairs that i had.

Im going to pull through and i hope things will get better soon.

mrfifs

Reaction score
alot of shedding this morning during shower. i wash my hair with nizoral 2% and really alot of shedding (around 30-40 strands).

I had couple of beers and cigarettes last night party. somehow regretted drinking. does drinking cause the shedding to increase because this one is the worst so far.

please help me out with my questions.

Attachments

• 20120316_101147.jpg
    20120316_101147.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 186
  • right.jpg
    right.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 185
  • left.jpg
    left.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 204

UKguy84

Established Member
Reaction score
if cigs, beer, weed or diet made ya hair fall out then I should be bald.

maybe they do have an effect, but my personal opinion is 99% is in your genes. i believe it because compared to my family i probably have the best hair for my age, better then all my bald relatives had at 27 and i'm the guy with terrible diet i dont eat greens or fruit, smokes alot, loves weed and I dont mind a drink.

right so your like 2-3 weeks in, at this point you could be shedding some weaker hairs, espiecally from minoxidil.
Remember even tho you might lose 40 hairs, some of them wont even be male pattern baldness affected hairs. some will be the normal shedding cycle of strong hair.
hair counting doesn't really mean much unless like 100's fall out, 40 is within normal range

i pulled 50+ hairs from my crown at the start of my regimen and whats funny is i'm not even balding there, its the thickest part of my head.
none the less i FREAKED OUT !!
remember alot of things are in our head the longer your on meds the more you'll realise this.

the best thing to do is relax, go with it take pics montly not daily/weekly and try to forget eventhing else and not obsess over it the best you can.
basically dont touch your hair unless your either washing/styling it or using min.

mrfifs

Reaction score
UKguy84 said:
if cigs, beer, weed or diet made ya hair fall out then I should be bald.

maybe they do have an effect, but my personal opinion is 99% is in your genes. i believe it because compared to my family i probably have the best hair for my age, better then all my bald relatives had at 27 and i'm the guy with terrible diet i dont eat greens or fruit, smokes alot, loves weed and I dont mind a drink.

right so your like 2-3 weeks in, at this point you could be shedding some weaker hairs, espiecally from minoxidil.
Remember even tho you might lose 40 hairs, some of them wont even be male pattern baldness affected hairs. some will be the normal shedding cycle of strong hair.
hair counting doesn't really mean much unless like 100's fall out, 40 is within normal range

i pulled 50+ hairs from my crown at the start of my regimen and whats funny is i'm not even balding there, its the thickest part of my head.
none the less i FREAKED OUT !!
remember alot of things are in our head the longer your on meds the more you'll realise this.

the best thing to do is relax, go with it take pics montly not daily/weekly and try to forget eventhing else and not obsess over it the best you can.
basically dont touch your hair unless your either washing/styling it or using min.

hey thanks for the advice bro. yeah currently i AM obsessed with my hair. sh*t just gone serious. I had another buzz cut today making it very short therefore its easier for me now for any minoxidil application.

trying my very best to relax and less freak out.

hows your progress anyway dude?

UKguy84

Established Member
Reaction score
last pics i took in here
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=69838&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10

I've been where you are now mentally, when some people on here told me im receeding last september it was horrible for me.
my family balds fast aswell would guess at 6-/+ years from nw2 to well bald. thats all that ran through my head except in my mind it was 6 months.

I remember my 1st month on meds it was: mirror hairline, mirror hairline, picture, picture, mirror hairline, panic, obsessed, pull, pull, pull, am i shedding, stress, anxiety all day long. was like f*** sakkeeeeee arrghhhghgh.
there wasnt a day i didnt check my hairline 5 times.
im nw2 aswell with no crown loss and was wearing a hat for a short period of time thats how obsessed i was, a big over reaction (not any more)

your hair still looks good, i think the finasteride will defo help your crown fill in and stop or even regrow some hairline.
you could be waiting in excess of a year to see it happen so thats why taking photos and stressing everyday wont help cos your guna be doing it for a long time. changes in your hair usually take months to notice not days.

Reaction score
Hey!

I think your hair is fine! So what if it's a little bit imperfect? There is a HUGE difference between being a NW3.5 like you and a NW7-8 and totally balding. Your medication WILL stabilize your hair and finasteride is effective 90%+ of the time. The most likely scenario is that your hair will remain just the way it is for the next ten years. If you're fine with that, then stop worrying and enjoy!

mrfifs

Reaction score
UKguy84 said:
last pics i took in here
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=69838&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10

I've been where you are now mentally, when some people on here told me im receeding last september it was horrible for me.
my family balds fast aswell would guess at 6-/+ years from nw2 to well bald. thats all that ran through my head except in my mind it was 6 months.

I remember my 1st month on meds it was: mirror hairline, mirror hairline, picture, picture, mirror hairline, panic, obsessed, pull, pull, pull, am i shedding, stress, anxiety all day long. was like f*ck sakkeeeeee arrghhhghgh.
there wasnt a day i didnt check my hairline 5 times.
im nw2 aswell with no crown loss and was wearing a hat for a short period of time thats how obsessed i was, a big over reaction (not any more)

your hair still looks good, i think the finasteride will defo help your crown fill in and stop or even regrow some hairline.
you could be waiting in excess of a year to see it happen so thats why taking photos and stressing everyday wont help cos your guna be doing it for a long time. changes in your hair usually take months to notice not days.

yes im aware of how obsessed i am. and i'm devastated to see a lot of my hair on my floor everyday. this have been going on maybe about 5 months (since last october)

now i need to get a good distraction besides work. haha.

mrfifs

Reaction score
FischerSnapper said:
Hey!

I think your hair is fine! So what if it's a little bit imperfect? There is a HUGE difference between being a NW3.5 like you and a NW7-8 and totally balding. Your medication WILL stabilize your hair and finasteride is effective 90%+ of the time. The most likely scenario is that your hair will remain just the way it is for the next ten years. If you're fine with that, then stop worrying and enjoy!

hey dude thanks for the encouragement! really need that at this point of time. it is also because i am looking into a new career that is heavily dependent on my looks so therefore the hair matters, a lot.

I hope that finasteride will take its course and fill up my crown and at the same time grow my hairline back with minoxidil, cross fingers and consistently praying that the meds are working. i would be happy if i can go back to at least NW2.

mrfifs

Reaction score
a little update. so its been 3 months and two days on finasteride. to be honest i still do not see much of difference. Feeling down. i took pics but pointless if theres no improvement. looking at it only makes me more depressed.

I went through a major shed during my first two months, it was really bad esp during shower, floor filled with hair and my room too. have to consistently sweep the floor every three days. right now though still shedding but its like only 5-10 strands during showers or applying minoxidil.
scalp no longer itch badly like it used to ever since i switched to another brand of minoxidil. and maybe the nizoral is helping too. occasionally will itch but i try not to scratch that much.

Im still wondering if smoking, alcohol and coffeine have any effects on the regrowth. ive cut down alot on coffee and drink and smoke occasionally too.

i really hope to see regrowth/improvements this coming two months. trying to be happy.

mrfifs

Reaction score
hey guys.

anyone with success taking Finas 1 (INTAS) 1 mg daily? this is what ive been taking for 3 months after i switch from the original propecia. its the start of my 5th month. theres still hair itch, hair still shedding.

im thinking of switching to another either proscar or other recommended like fincar (inhouse pharmacy).

any opinions?

Going2beBald?

Established Member
Reaction score
alot of shedding this morning during shower. i wash my hair with nizoral 2% and really alot of shedding (around 30-40 strands).

I had couple of beers and cigarettes last night party. somehow regretted drinking. does drinking cause the shedding to increase because this one is the worst so far.

please help me out with my questions.

Well drinking will increase testosterone for momentarily but the increased amount is really small and it doesn't have anything to do with dht so it shouldn't affect after all.

mrfifs

Reaction score
updates on my progress after six months.

hey guys, it has been a rollercoaster ride on this fight of male pattern baldness.

it has been about six months since i last added finasteride into my regime (minoxidil 5%). Currently i have switched to proscar to save cost. and three weeks back, i have made the decision to stop on minoxidil. it is because of the hair itch. i have tried many ways to counter the itch but unfortunately nothing seems to work on me.

currently i have resolved my hair itch problem. i am still on proscar though without minoxidil. my scalp feels so much better and the itch has reduce alot. i have to admit i have not been successful on the big 3 regime. guess im out of luck. i have to rely on toppik now to cover my bald spots. gives me the confidence but id still want hair regrowth definitely.

anyway im meeting my dermatologist tmr, going to ask for her feedback. i was just wondering how come minoxidil has lost its effect on me.