MrSweetScience's story - (Age 23 with pics!)

MrSweetScience

Reaction score
I'm 23 years old. My hair loss started when i was probably around 19. Alopecia ran on my fathers side as did male pattern baldness on both sides. I always had thin hair since i was a kid. But started to recede then thin out since. My dad was on propecia and insisted i get on it. I started and did good for awhile then stopped and that went on untill about 6 months ago. Thats when i was for certain taking it every day. But then i started getting sides. I was told by a hairdresser to look into propecia that she had heard horror stories. Now i obviously read the description and possible sides years ago. But when i really dug into propecia i found some disturbing things. Needless to say i stopped taking it. I was starting to see subtle sides. None of which are worth my hair loss.

So im here to find an alternative to propecia. Currently im just doing rogaine which i was doing with the propecia. I know this isn't enough. This is why im here. I care about my hairloss obviously, just would prefer to do rely more on topical solutions, nothing crazy. I would like to have kids and enjoy my sexual prime then maybe ill go back to propecia. I buzz my head as you can see, so the problem people have with alot of topicals shouldn't bother me so much. I dont really want to deal with that smelly one i read about tho. I was looking to making a commitment to my program within a few months.o I need help building this program. I was thinking either Provillus or the Revivogen/Revivogen combo with the Tricomin. But i read good things one minute and bad the next on these boards about both of those. I was paying $60 a month fer Propecia alone. So help a boy out over here gimme some advice. Including herbal or supplemental. I do take Vitamins, i do weightlift and excercise regularly, boxing. So im healthy as well. Help me my bald friends.

Attachments

• yoooooooo.jpg
    yoooooooo.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 245

MrSweetScience

Reaction score
Re: MrSweetScience's story - Age 23 with pics

From doing some more research and noticing the ingredients in alot of these "natural" DHT blockers, i was thinking of trying this

Saw Palmetto
L-Lysine
Revigogen
Rogaine
Nettles

My diet is already rich in protein and i eat alot of Soy products as well as stay away from processed foods. Without messing with finasteride. again i think this is my best option. Opinions?

amsch

Reaction score

MrSweetScience said:
From doing some more research and noticing the ingredients in alot of these "natural" DHT blockers, i was thinking of trying this

Saw Palmetto
L-Lysine
Revigogen
Rogaine
Nettles

My diet is already rich in protein and i eat alot of Soy products as well as stay away from processed foods. Without messing with finasteride. again i think this is my best option. Opinions?

Hey there. Forget everything you have on this list except of Rogaine.

eth0

Established Member
Reaction score

MrSweetScience said:
I would like to have kids ...

Have you read anything which states it can effect your ability to have kids?

I did some research on this but couldn't find any link between finasteride and the ability to produce healthy sperm.

MrSweetScience

Reaction score

I've read some things on other forums, specifically related to finasteride. and dua. that people who had these side effects of watery ejaculatory, low libido and erectile dysfunction have been unable to have children. Even years after stopping use. They claim that they have been to doctors and that on paper from tests everything is where it should be but they are somehow infertile, and many say Propecia was the only med. they were on.

Without getting to into politics and such. After the research i did on Mercks clinical studies there percentages given were not accurate. They were based on the population they tested VS. a pool so the percentages of sexual side effects were more around 48%. Ages were 18-44, noting that these side effects would most notably be apparent in younger men. Pharmaceutical companies and the government, FDA etc. are all rolling in $$$. I have seen medications due some great things, and seen others kill people faster. Or cause them to develop something else. Soon you need a pill container. Im just not sold on the effect this drug has on the body when taken orally over a long period. These studies were done for only 8 months. 6 months in i noticed subtle sides. So the long term effects arent known. I just don't want to take a chance. Since i stared looking into it i've heard more bad things. I'm really torn about it.

Watery discolored ejaculatory---if it dont look right it cant be right.

Nashville Hairline

Experienced Member
Reaction score

This site has some good ideas for natural finasteride alternatives, I'm thinking of trying some of it out:
http://www.freewebs.com/immortalhair/

I take SP and believe it has positive effects on hair - maybe not as much as finasteride but it does help.

MrSweetScience

Reaction score

very informational "holistic" sight and view on hair loss. I read SP can lower your libido, i can't imagine its near what finasteride. does however have you noticed that taking the dose your taking???

Have you tried Revivogen, Provillus or anything like that?

amsch

Reaction score

MrSweetScience said:
very informational "holistic" sight and view on hair loss. I read SP can lower your libido, i can't imagine its near what finasteride. does however have you noticed that taking the dose your taking???

Have you tried Revivogen, Provillus or anything like that?
Forget about Revivogen and Provillus.

Many users here tried revivogen and most people were dissapointed by the results.

amsch

Reaction score

MrSweetScience said:
do you notice anything with spironolactone?
I'm on Xandrox 15, spironolactone and lllt for almost 3 months and still losing ground. =/