msapacaman story

msapacaman

Reaction score
Last summer me and my roomates decided to all shave our heads since we were bored. I had an immenese amount of hair and had not gotten a cut in over 6 months. My hair was around 6 inches high. after shaving my head I noticed that my hairline had a M shape and it made me look like I had devil horns. I didnot think anything was wrong and i thought it looked cool. I was visited by my cousin and he said my "devil horns" meant i was going bald. I looked into it and found out about hair loss. A little later in July I checked my crown and noticed a thinning circle, that made it clear i was balding. A couple of people noticed and made comments that i was balding. I visited a dermatologist that gave me a prescription for propecia in november of 2006. She told me to use minoxidil but I avoided it since propecia was expensive enough. I have been on propecia since then and the drug has regrown a lot of my hair on the crown back, so i don't get comments any more, and it would be very difficult for anyone to tell I have hair loss. My temples have slightly worsen, but I have recently put rogaine foam into my regimen and I use it solely for my temples. My crown does not really need it.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
use foam on your temples and it will most likely regrow some of the hair you recently lost.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
at least we know finasteride works on his crown...thats good enough to know.

msapacaman

Reaction score
i took no pics of my vertex before i got on propecia. Their is a video tape of me that shows me with my thinning crown, but its not in my possession. I have before and after picks of my temples, but there was no change. If there is change with the rogaine foam i will send the pics to those who ask.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
msapacaman said:
i took no pics of my vertex before i got on propecia. Their is a video tape of me that shows me with my thinning crown, but its not in my possession. I have before and after picks of my temples, but there was no change. If there is change with the rogaine foam i will send the pics to those who ask.

I am more concerned about my crown than my headline.