MSM as a hangover cure?????

Petchsky

Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently purchased some MSM powder and plan to add it to my minoxidil. Not got round to it yet but if there is any posters that have been doing this for a few months i would be interested in your opinions.

My mate who is in to bodybuilding saw this tub and said that he takes too for his joints and mentioned that sometimes he would take it before going to bed after a drinking session or the morning after and would be hangover free. Is MSM known as a hangover cure or is my mate talking out of his arse? which is not unknown.

20sometingtoo

Established Member
Reaction score
The only reason for a hangover is dehydration. I don't see how MSM can help in that department. He's probably waking up hangover free because he has to drink some water in order to take the pills. You'd be better off just drinking a tall glass of water at night a having two advil in the morning.

Petchsky

Reaction score
True. I've been thinking about it and it makes sense. Msm contains quite a few nutrients which alcohol strips the body of, therefore drinking MSM would replenish some of these nutrients making you feel alot better than you otherwise would. I think.

bombscience

Reaction score
a b-complex vitamin is a great way to beat a hangover. and probably in some way beneficial to hair quality as well (biotin as an example)