MSM for hair loss?

luvyababygirl

Reaction score
I had heard that MSM is good for hair loss so I bought a cream that I apply directly to my scalp. It also has a decent amount of Jojoba oil (another ingredient I heard can aid in hair regrowth), as well as rosemary oil (which I heard is a good scalp stimulant). It's easy to apply and cheap and I really wanna love it but....i'm just not seeing any results. I've only been using it for a few weeks however, so perhaps it's not enough time to tell. I guess my basic question is, has anyone tried MSM (creams, shampoos, ect.), and how long should you stick with a topical treatment before deciding it's not effective?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Hi - not the expert - but jojoba and MSM are more geared toward improving hair health and strength (and in the case of oral MSM anyway - faster hair growth <not to be confused w/ re-growth>).

Rosemary and some other essential oils in a specific mix were shown to help alleviate androgena areaota (I know, I msipelt dat).

So, IMHO - that cream won't hurt ya, might even help ya - but won't help you recoup any loss.

You should gve any treatment 8 - 12 months before expecting to see any regrowth.

luvyababygirl

Reaction score
:) ^ thanx for the info hair transplant....since it was so cheap and non-irritating ( i have very sensitive skin), I'll keep using it until it's gone. and like you said, who knows? maybe it will be of some help.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'd like to think it did help my hair... i was taking the powder orally with vitamin c but it was causing massive gas problems. Thought it was something else at first until i stopped taking it. Since I've stopped it my hair (body and head) doesn't feel/look as "thick" as it used to be.

I think it just helps hair health. Does nothing in terms of regrowth and stopping male pattern baldness.

HairLessGR

Reaction score
It does help regrow hair and nails! I noticed it after the first month of taking it.
My hair in particular grows almost twice as fast! I also noticed my skin has become more sensitive.
I always had very smooth and soft skin but since msm i get wounded and scratched very easily-w/out even noticing.
That's why i lowered my dose to 2000 per day. The one i get has vitamin c as well and says it's free from genetically modified material, yeast, gluten, dairy and salt soya which is nice if of course it's true.