MSM Nightmare

sincityslicker

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I don't post here much, but I browse through every once in a while to see if there is any new information I can gather about hairloss. Anyway, after reading about MSMs potential to help hair grow faster, I decided to give it a try (180 mg a day) in Oct '07. I added this to my current use of propecia, nizoral, rogaine. After about 2 weeks I broke out with the worst acne since my years in high school :badmood: . I ended up with severe nodular acne and stopped the MSM after a month (even with extremely good hygiene). 4 months later I still have two that wont go away (Ive tried everything) and I am going to end up having to go to the derm, which kinda sucks since im currently uninsured :shakehead: . I just thought I'd worn anyone who is considered trying this drug from hell. If you have had any skin problems whatever in your life, I would really advise you not to take it. The problems just aren't worth it.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
MSM made my entire body enflammed and I broke out in a purple rash everywhere. It was firgging horrible. I guess I'm alergbic to sulfur.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Guys - so sorry to hear about your negative MSM experiences. The only potential side effects I was aware of were possible insomnia and gastro-intestinal distress.

I have to say it's been a wonder supplement for me - not for my hair as much as helping be a cure all for some long-standing aches and pains that cleared up after I started using MSM.

Again, sorry to hear about your experiences - but thanks for sharing with the group.

markpark

Reaction score
i`ve also tried msm and it made my arms n legs very itchy aswell as making my hair grow faster it also made my body hair grow aswell which is what i didn`t like. :)