MSM Topical?

Tikimik

Reaction score
I've started taking a pretty complex supplement regimen and MSM is part of it.

I am wondering if anyone has tried taking 3 - 4g of MSM a day and combining it with a MSM topical treatment as well?

If so what is the best MSM topical out there?

I read a study that a topical treatment may be better at reaching the internal structure of the cells.

Thanks in advance!

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
MSM is good stuff - but if it does anything for your hair it's limited to faster growth (afaik).

Pretty sure that it won't help curb hairloss or promote new (additional) growth.

Personally - I'd redirect my topical efforts in another directioon.

justaguy2005

Reaction score
As far as MSM goes, I took some of it (orally) in powder form yesterday and
1) it tastes like sh*t
and
2) gives me gas
I feel like #2 didn't happen when i took it in caplets... dunno why tho, maybe lower dose or it doesn't get absorbed as well?

masculineyourheart

Established Member
Reaction score
One thing, make sure you take an equivalent amount of Vitamin C so your body can process all the MSM.

I used to have a chart that showed approximate equivalent amounts needed but I can't find it now. A simple google search would probably suffice.

G

So going back to the original question, has anyone ever used MSM topically rubbed on scalp and does it work? anyone? and does that cayenne pepper on scalp thing work as well? has anyone actually seen hair regrowth from it?

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
sum bald gai said:
So going back to the original question, has anyone ever used MSM topically rubbed on scalp and does it work? anyone? and does that cayenne pepper on scalp thing work as well? has anyone actually seen hair regrowth from it?

Never did the msm topical - but added cayenne pepper to a bottle of apple cider vinegar for a pre-shampoo head soak for a few years (off and on).

Totally invigorating and good for your scalp and follicle health - but didn't help me so that it was noticeable.