mulle's story

mulle

Reaction score
Howdy partners!

Some of you might remember me as "Birk" or "mulle" on some other hair loss sites. I had some promising results on finasteride and minoxidil but I dropped minoxidil after 2 months because of laziness but now I'm back! I wanna give it a fair shot. Consistency my friends, that's the key here.

So what's my story? Well this all started when I was about 16 when I noticed thinner hairs in the temples. I had no idea I was going bald! But as time went it just got worse and worse...2 years later I started googling hairloss and found out about finasteride and minoxidil. So I tought I'd give it a shot and I did! I started finasteride on January 1st 2009 and I've been on it since. Some months passed and it seemed like my hairloss had stopped but I got no regrowth like I was after so I went online and bought some minoxidil. I started applying it 2 times every day. Morning and night. But since I didn't have a job or anything going on in my life i would just sleep all day so I missed applications. I would only apply it once a day. So I said f*** it and stopped. After about 2 months only. Which was stupid because my hair was starting to get real good! But I got lazy. Having to put some liquid on my head 2 times every single day wasnt to enticing. And thats my story to this day. Now I'm 22 years of age. Not that bothered by hairloss any longer but still I wanna give it another try. Wouldn't say no to some more hair. Haha.

So here I am. I started minoxidil 5% yesterday (april 24). Been on finasteride since I was 19. No side effects.

Let's see how it goes!

Attachments

• IMAG0483.jpg
    IMAG0483.jpg
    678.2 KB · Views: 276
T

TravisB

Man, my hairloss looks nearly identical like yours on the first photo, and I'm 21 (22 this year).

It seems like a good maintenance, but not really any regrowth. I think minoxidil will work wonders for you since you still have many thin hairs that aren't dead yet.

Good luck and keep us updated!

TheLastHairbender

Established Member
Reaction score
You're doing the right thing mulle, stay disciplined this time, take monthly pics, and make sure to report back here so we know you aren't slipping off the bandwagon again. Good luck!

mulle

Reaction score
Closing up to one month soon. Nothing to report really. Still going strong! Haven't missed a days application.

Be back in June!

:punk:

T

TravisB

Hmm I wonder, if you say you've been on finasteride since 3 years, and you didn't get any regrowth or thickening, then is there a chance that you're using fake Finasteride?

mulle

Reaction score
TravisB said:
Hmm I wonder, if you say you've been on finasteride since 3 years, and you didn't get any regrowth or thickening, then is there a chance that you're using fake Finasteride?

I wish. But it's the real deal. I get it from my pharmacy. I have a prescription. I have maintained but I havent gotten any regrowth.

mulle

Reaction score
Thought I'd give an update!
Been noticing alot of vellus hairs in the temples.
You can really see them under bright light and they def wasnt there before.
I'm posting a picture anyways :)

Lets see what happens in june.

Cheers

Attachments

• IMAG0611.jpg
    IMAG0611.jpg
    879.2 KB · Views: 259

mulle

Reaction score
Just wanted to post a little update. As I said I've been getting alot of vellus hairs in my temples (especially my right). Hard to see them since I keep my hair very short but anyways (view them in fullsize). Let's see if they go terminal. Trying not to keep my hopes up though.

Other than that nothing to report. My hair doesnt seem to have gotten any thicker.

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMAG0729.jpg
    IMAG0729.jpg
    765.2 KB · Views: 220
  • IMAG0730.jpg
    IMAG0730.jpg
    739.8 KB · Views: 198
  • IMAG0735.jpg
    IMAG0735.jpg
    560.4 KB · Views: 235

andersonlynch

Established Member
Reaction score
Its great idea that you shave because it is not pretty obvious that your losing hair.

MGZ

Established Member
Reaction score
Our hairloss is almost identical, and now I'm a little discouraged lol, at least you've maintained. Any pics PRE finasteride?

Michael84

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair looks much better in the last pics. Maybe it's just an effect of the photographs but your hair looks good there.

andersonlynch

Established Member
Reaction score
be strong there lots of treatment there that you can use gain hair again and one way to prevent hair loss is don't eat spices.