Multivitamin for Overall Health

Aker

Reaction score
Any recommendations on a good multivitamin supplement for overall health and perhaps also benefits hair?

I'd be more interested in a multi that I don't have to take a lot of pills to get the recommended daily dose.

Thanks!

Goingat20

Reaction score
i think multi-vitamins are important. I take swisse multi vit everyday with breakfast....

Trebor

Reaction score
I would like some recommendations as well.

Strat54

Established Member
Reaction score
Centrum: If you don’t exercise at all.
Mega Men (GNC): If you do exercise.
Animal Pak (Universal): For bodybuilders and strength athletes (The mother of all multivitamins)

-Do not take generic, low-quality multivitamins. You may as well be swallowing little rocks for all the nutrients you will get out of them.

-Most vitamins (including popular brand names) that come in tablet form are so compressed that they can't be broken down even by stomach acid.

-Look for multivitamins in capsule or gelcap form. These will be the most absorbable.

Aker

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations!

My main concern with multivitamins is that many contain Iron, and Iron in a vitamin just doesn't make my stomach very happy.

As far as Centrum goes, the only Centrum that doesn't contain Iron seems to be Silver. Is that the only thing that differentiates it from normal Centrum, or should I stay away from the Silver product as I'm 25?

Trebor

Reaction score
Whats wrong with Iron?

I thought I read in a different thread that there is one type of GNC you should not get because of one particular ingredient. Does anyone know what it is?

Aker

Reaction score
As far as "Generic" vitamins go, would you say that multivitamins from places like swansonvitamins.com or stores such as The Vitamine Shoppe would be considered generic? Meaning, their own store brands.

I don't know about any other vitamin websites, but swansonvitamins.com always had good prices.

Trebor

Reaction score
Strat54, if you are completely bald... why bother taking anything at all?

logia

Reaction score
Trebor said:
Whats wrong with Iron?

I thought I read in a different thread that there is one type of GNC you should not get because of one particular ingredient. Does anyone know what it is?

Men shouldn't take Iron if they really don't need it. It stacks up over time and we don't bleed as often as girls so it's hard to get it out of the system.