Must see video series about health...

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
[youtube:s1yv9idz]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG_tn3KAXNE&feature=related[/youtube:s1yv9idz]

Series of 6.. just double click on the vid..

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Very interesting. I am seriously thinking of going vegan...or partially vegan. Just much healthier over all. I will still eat meat and crap but much much less. I am going to try to be as healthy as possible...

Preston

Reaction score
I don't understand very well what he's saying about eggs .
Is he saying that thecholesterol is in the yellow part or also in the white part ?

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score
I killed an entire bag of potato chips while watching this very interesting video.

Boondock

Reaction score
You'd be foolish to make any life changes as a result of this video alone.

Nutrition science is known as one of the biggest mind fields in science. For example, this chap is arguing the line that meat is bad for you, which there is some evidence base for. However, there is also an evidence base for the following claims:

1. Eating wheat to cause health problems in the majority of the population (something this guy advocates doing)

2. Eating meat alone in order to promote good health

Both of these contrary views have an evidence base, much like this video does. The only take-homes from this video are points you'd probably know already (i.e. don't eat too much fat). You need to do a lot more research to make even tentative conclusions in this field, let alone going vegan.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Boondock said:
You'd be foolish to make any life changes as a result of this video alone.

Nutrition science is known as one of the biggest mind fields in science. For example, this chap is arguing the line that meat is bad for you, which there is some evidence base for. However, there is also an evidence base for the following claims:

1. Eating wheat to cause health problems in the majority of the population (something this guy advocates doing)

2. Eating meat alone in order to promote good health

Both of these contrary views have an evidence base, much like this video does. The only take-homes from this video are points you'd probably know already (i.e. don't eat too much fat). You need to do a lot more research to make even tentative conclusions in this field, let alone going vegan.

Not a Vegan at all.. the series was done back in 1993... but just giving you a different perception about the food we are eating.. and some of the consequences. We are not bots, we have all different metabolisms and deal and react differently to the food we eat.. So many Doctors now online trying to push their diets.. Just fun to read about it and balance the pros and cons.. If you guys have any video/link about health ..don't be shy..I think it is really a interesting subject...

So you are saying that eating meat alone promote good health? Tell me why the majority of the Inuits have the highest rate of osteoporosis and their lifespan is really short?

HughJass

Reaction score
Can't wait until Bryan comes into the thread and watches this. He'll cry.

Eating more grains and potatoes is pretty terrible advice. He should have plotted sugar consumption on his graph.

sugar_consumption.gif

http://www.cspinet.org/new/sugar_limit.html

Boondock

Reaction score
squeegee said:
Boondock said:
So you are saying that eating meat alone promote good health? Tell me why the majority of the Inuits have the highest rate of osteoporosis and their lifespan is really short?

Not at all. What I'm saying is that I don't know, and not many others know either. Diet and nutrition is an extremely complex topic.

However, some individuals do advocate eating meat and avoiding wheat and grains. I haven't researched long enough to know what the reality is.

KeepTheHair

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I wasn't going to make any dietary changes based on this videos. I only watched the first half way. I don't believe in 100% the things he says but he is right about the fact that we are eating sh*t. Although I know eggs are actually really healthy and that he doesn't 100% know what he is talking about most likely.

I just want to be way more healthy.

oni

Reaction score
Bloody steak sandwich with blue M&M's on white bread............................... :whistle: