Mw1539's Story - (10 MONTH UPDATE)

mw1539

Reaction score
Mw1539's Story

Hey Guys,

I've been visiting this site for awhile now and finally created an account. This place has helped me through some rough moments and I am really happy that I found it. Thanks to everyone who has shared.

Anyway...on to my story....I started noticing my hair loss around Nov of 2008 (a little after my 25th birthday). Everyone said I was going crazy, but I was the one looking at my hair everyday and I knew that it was thinning. I didn't really do anything about it for awhile thinking that it was a normal part of getting older until it REALLY started to thin.

Fast forward about a year and a couple of doctors and I got a prescription for Propecia. I didn't seem to have any of the side effects that people complain about, which is cool, but I also hadn't really noticed any change in my hair loss since I started. I dont really have any receding at all, just thinning (I guess this is called diffuse thinning???).

Fast forward again....about a month ago, I started using Rogaine foam twice a day as well. This stuff is making my hair fall out even faster! I know that there is supposed to be a shedding period and I'm trying to wait it out, but it is hard. It seems that there is a direct correlation between how much I use and how much falls out. Has anyone else noticed this? The more I apply/use, the more hair i see in the sink and all over my hands. It has gotten to the point where I decided to create an account to ask you guys for advice. I'll try and get some pictures up as soon as I can, but has anyone else had this problem? I'm afraid that the "shedding period" isnt going to end. I'm afraid that if I keep using Rogaine I am just speeding up the balding process.

Thanks for any help.

mw1539

Reaction score
Re: My Story & Some advice needed

Here are a few pics....

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 345
  • photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 317
  • photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 276
  • photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 273

mw1539

Reaction score
Re: Mw1539's Story

Hey Guys,

Still shedding. Still on Propecia and Rogaine, but my hair is looking thinner than ever. :-(

Any thoughts/advice? I have an appointment with my dermatologist in a few months, but I'm worried I am going to have some seriously bald spots by then! Should I go see another doctor? Last time I went he said my hair looked fine...

Please help guys! I don't know who else to ask for advice. Should I just keep waiting?

Thanks.

zeroheat

Established Member
Reaction score

I think you should wait couple more months.. I know it's hard, but shedding means it's working. Just hang in there and report back in 2 months..

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score

Don't drop the Propecia, especially if you aren't having sides.

If the shedding is due to rogaine it will grow back...just sucks that it thins out before it all grows back.

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score

Dont panic, just hang in there and keep up the treatments. i didnt see results untill 14 months but since then shedding has stopped and hair continues to get thicker. i very nearly gave up all hope but thanks to advice from this forum i stuck with it and im so glad now that i did.

mw1539

Reaction score

6 MONTH UPDATE:

Hi Guys,

I am writing back with my 6 month update. At this point I have been on Finasteride (5mg pill cut up into 4's; basically taking 1.25mg/day) for 11 months and Rogaine (2 x day) for 7 months and dont think that there has been any improvement. My hair still sheds like crazy. Every time I run my fingers through, a bunch of hairs fall out. I'm debating stopping the Rogaine because I think that it may be doing more harm than good. Is that possible?

I really am giving this my all. I'm eating healthier and quit smoking, so I really hope that I start to see some positive results, but it seems that my hairs just keep getting thinner and thinner.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

mw1539

Reaction score

6 Month Update Pics....

Attachments

• IMG_0054.jpg
    IMG_0054.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0056.jpg
    IMG_0056.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_0052.jpg
    IMG_0052.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_0053.jpg
    IMG_0053.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 263

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
Re: Mw1539's Story - 6 MONTH UPDATE

looks like your improving

give it some more time

im pretty sure things will continue to improve

Obsidian

Reaction score

Give it time, you're hair looks healthier in the front too. It will take some time, look at it in a year's time.

Maelstrom

Established Member
Reaction score

Looks better mate.

In the first pic of your update I would never consider you to have a hair loss problem at all.

mw1539

Reaction score

Thanks guys! Made me feel a little better about my situation. Ill keep the updates coming.

mw1539

Reaction score
Mw1539's Story - 10 MONTH UPDATE

Hey guys,

I haven't checked in for awhile, so I figured I'd post an update. I stopped using rogaine about a month ago because there seemed to be a direct relationship between my shedding and applying rogaine. There was a crazy amount of hair on my hands after every time I applied it. So at the moment, I am just using finasteride and have been using it for about 14 months.

I think things definitely look better than a year ago, but I'm not sure by how much. I feel like im getting balder by the day, but then I come back and look at these pictures and they make me think otherwise. I recommend that everyone keep an ongoing post with their progress. It's a good little boost to check out every once in a while.

Thanks for the support and I hope everyone's fight is going well!

Attachments

• IMG_0028.JPG
    IMG_0028.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_0022.jpg
    IMG_0022.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_0023.jpg
    IMG_0023.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_0027.jpg
    IMG_0027.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 257

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Mw1539's Story - 10 MONTH UPDATE

definite improvement from a year ago however it seems a bit risky to stop the minoxidil especially when things were heading in the right direction.

mw1539

Reaction score

Do you guys use the foam or just the liquid?
Has anyone else noticed constant shedding from using the rogaine foam, even after using it for months?

thanks.

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score

I use the foam and always notice a few hairs on my hands after applying it. If your hair is improving I wouldnt worry about it too much.

mw1539

Reaction score
So its been a while since I posted, but I figured it was about time for an update and maybe a little advice if you have any. I wouldn't say that I've completely given up hope on saving my hair, but I'm getting pretty close. I switched to brand name Propecia a little under a year ago (from cut-up Finasteride, just to make sure I was getting proper dosage). I've been on Rogaine for years at this point and started using Nizoral shampoo a few weeks ago. I've put so much money into hairloss products at this point its getting a little ridiculous.

Anyway...this is what my hair is looking like:

photo.jpg

Obviously my hair is a little longer, but my hairline is getting really bad and I can see through my hair to my scalp around the majority of the top of my head. Hairs on the side of my head are starting to fall out too. I'm starting to think that these products really aren't working for me. I am going to make an appointment with my physician to see if he has any recommendations, but I'm not sure what else I can do. I'm starting to think that maybe I have an underlying health problem or something.

I'm kind of freaking out, so any advice would be appreciated. I'm comfortable with the amount of hair I have at the moment, but have a pretty massive head, am pretty pasty white, and dont think I can pull off the shaved head look, haha.

Thanks.

Night

Established Member
Reaction score
Continue treatment. It looks good. I wouldn't worry too much, thinking about shaving your head when you have so much hair isn't healthy thinking. If it bothers you (the diffuse) get a good concealer. X-Fusion is cheap on amazon.

progosu

Reaction score
Looks good man, I'm happy for you.