My 18 year old cat!

HughJass

Reaction score
Just a suggestion: I know she is old and she might be nearing the end but you could try not feeding her the 'glue foods' (google dogtor j & glue foods). I'll try post the links soon

It might ease her pain. If you read those articles and learn about what typical pet foods do to our furry friends it will give you some idea of the amount of suffering it causes them- maybe she will get a bit of relief in her final days?

Sorry for your situation, pets are family members and it's real tough when you see them suffering.

dimitar_berbagod

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi mate. Sorry for the sad situation you (and your cat) find yourself in.

However, a work colleague of mine had a cat whose health was declining at 15. The cat is still alive now and is 21, so tell your cat to hang in there!

barcafan

Reaction score
poor rachel. My cat is declining as well, she's 17. Cant believe shes been with me so long.

But its ok, she's had a long life and i'm sure shes been well taken care of, not a tragedy in the least.

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that too :( i had a budgerigar for some ~12 years and felt rather emotional when it died.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
idontwanttobebalding said:
Rachel died yesterday in my daughter's arms....broke my heart. :sobbing:

By reading this I totally feel your sadness bro :sobbing: been there many times being an animal lover.. they are totally a member of the family. Rachel had a long and the best life ever. :)

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute. Everyone here seems to love cats, including myself.

Cats = hair loss in men. :woot:

(By the way, sorry to hear about your cat!)

barcafan

Reaction score
idontwanttobebalding said:
barcafan said:
damn so she lasted a whole year after that.

not too bad

Thanks! I am suprised she lasted a year as well from my original post. It was very difficult at times. She needed so much help from us especially at the end.

How is your cat doing?

shes overweight with diabeetes and isnt doing too great, weve had her on a good diet though. I feel like her body is sort of failing but her brain is still working real good