MY 8 YEAR HAIRLOSS BATTLE MUST READ

Mikgopo88

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I started losing my hair when i was 17, I tried to act early and started using minoxidil on and off as much as i could afford it until the age 19, my hairloss defintetly slowed but i was at the point where people would say, god ur hairs getting thin. at 19 i finally got a fulltime job and had good finances so i popped in to a hair replacement club, and asked what i needed to do to have a full head of hair without surgery. that day i signed up for hair replacement without thinking twice in pure desperation thinking if i act now noone willl notice. once ur completely bald theres just know going back and the thought of people knowing i wore a wig would just destroy any of the positives. biggest mistake of my life. when my hairpiece arrived and got fitted it looked absolutely rediculous. most hairpiece wearers would know how much wearing a brand new hairpeice sucks! literally looked like i had a mop on my head. i wore a hat for weeks as the hairpiece needed time to settle which was correct, it did eventually look good and it was virtually undetecable. people dont suspect hairpieces on 19 year olds. over the next 6 years i wore hairpieces i will write a list of the poisitves vs the negatives

positives
you have a full head of hair as good as ever (obvious)
you dont have to worry about further hairloss or medication.

negatives.
you become trapped how are you ever gonna get out of it if ur finances run dry or you lose your job
hair companies know this and the prices almost double once you start as they know u have no choice
your self conceous about it being detected.
getting close to females causes great stress cause they may feel it and you have to tell them you wear a hiarpiece. most say "they" dont care but it is extremely embaressing (for me anyways)
you always have the worry of needing to get it refitted
your hair grows uneven making it look more detectable.
the colour fades and never is a perfect match.
that feeling in the back of your head that it might come off (it wont)
everytime you get a new system there is a dramatic difference in appearence.
you never feel free e.g to just have wrestle with ur mates or play sports cause ur worried you might knock ur head or someone will feel it.

just recently i have found micro scalp pigmentation and i couldnt be happier i have my freedom back and noone suspects a thing. please anyone thinking of going into hair replacement please read the pros vs cons dont get tricked into hair replacement

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
This was a must read. Thanks.

So now you aren't wearing a wig? You just went with SMP? You wouldn't happen to have pics with and without the wig, and some with the SMP?