My "alternative" Treatment Story - Looking For New Suggestions

Treplex

Reaction score
Hi everybody :)

This is my first post to the forum, although I've been monitoring it for quite a while.

I'm not a native English speaker so I hope I will be well understood :)

HERE'S MY STORY:

I'm 28 years old. From the age of 21-22 I've been noticing that my hair were getting a little bit thinner on the sides above forehead (only on the sides). It wasn't much, so I didn't really care for 5-6 years, because all that time I could still pull off a normal hair-do :) 1 year ago I've notice a little increase in hair loss (the hair on the sides above the forehead started to get even thinner) so I've decided to do something about it. I was also loosing a lot of hair when I washed my head (which I do almost everyday).

After reading the forums for a while I've decided not to go with Propecia and minoxidil. The potential side effects are too much for me, simpy not worth the risk. I wanted something more "natural" or how should I say it - something with less potential side effects for my body. So, after reading a lot I've decided to go with this and this has been my treatment for the last year.

- Nizoral 2%
- CliniScalp 3 step treatment (shampoo, lotion, 3rd step advanced thinning rescue).
- Mix of natural cold pressed oils (high quality).
- 100% Aloe vera bio gel (high quality)
- Bitoin pills 300mg (300%)

- every 3 days I wash my head with Nizoral 2%. I leave it on my head for around 5 minutes and then I thoroughly wash my head.

- every 3 days I apply to my head a mix of natural cold pressed oils - a mix of coconut oil, lavender oil, jojoba oil, almond oil, castor oil, emu oil and vitamin E oil. Everytime I add Cliniscalp 3rd step to the mix. I do this before I go to sleep and wash my head in the morning.

- every other day of the week I wash my head with Cliniscalp shampoo and Cliniscalp lotion (I simply mix them together, I don't apply those separately, I don’t have the time for that :) ) and leave it on my head for about 5 minutes.

- every other day of the week I use 3rd step of Cliniscalp + I mix it with aloe vera gel so I can apply it to my head more easily (+ aloe vera is known to help against hair loss). I do this before I go to sleep and wash my head in the morning.

-Twice a week I take 300mg biotin pill.

That's it. After a few months of usage my hair loss have reduced a lot. Now, when I wash my hair, there is very little hair left in the tub after washing. In my opinion, hair loss has reduced from 100% to around 30%. Now I have normal hair loss like every normal person (or maybe even less). I've also experience some hair regrowth (not much, but some, maybe around 10%), I’m 100% in that because I could see some “baby hair” in the bold areas (on the sides above forehead).

So, the combination does work for me, that's 100%, without any doubt. Maybe it's because my hair loss was already very slow and not so much aggressive and quick as it is for some guys. (like I said I've been loosing my hair for the last 7 years and was still able to pull quite a normal hair-do up to a year ago - I can still pull it off, but it requires a little more work with hairspray + use of a hair dryer :D )

PROBLEMS:
- For the last few months I've been experiencing some Tinnitus (ringing in the ears). I'm not sure if this is related to the treatments, but I'm not using any other drugs or am sick in any other way (at least that I know of). Is anyone experiencing the same thing with some of the treatments above?

- I would like a little bigger hair regrowth. Does anyone know any alternative to Cliniscalp 3rd step (advanced hair loss). (by trying a new alternative I could also test if Cliniscalp's treatment is causing me Tinnitus (ringing in the ears).

TO SUM UP:

I am extremely sorry for not starting with some sort of treatment 5 years ago when everything started :(

PICTURE OF MY CURRENT SITUATION:

my-situation.jpg

Treplex

Reaction score
Current situation is actually a little worst then it looks on the picture. The bold spot on the right side is actually a little bigger. Plus the hair above the bold spots are also quite thin, but this cannot be seen on the picture above because the light is not bright enough.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
With all of that washing/cleansing, you're lucky to have any hair at all.

Hair can get temporary thinner when people over wash/clean their hair too frequently.

That might be part of the problem.

You can choose to stay off scientific backed formulas (i.e. Finasteride). But eventually, if you
are truly losing your hair from androgens, it's going to go down the drain! (Literally).

Treplex

Reaction score
I only wash my hair once a day, which I think is perfectly normal. From time to time I make a 1 day pause.
I'm not experiencing any skin irritation, dry skin, dandruff or any other side effect from washing my hair every day.

Yes, I am 100% loosing my hair due to androgens. I have a classic male pattern baldness pattern. I will make a better picture tomorrow on the sunlight.

But like I said the formula seems to be working for me at the moment. I myself was sceptical before starting with the regimen, because I know that DHT must be removed from scalp if you want the hair to regrow. Seems like Nizoral and the shampoo I'm using are doing that work.

A few months before starting with the regimen I was loosing around 100-150 hairs per day (that were left in the tub), now I'm loosing only up to 30 hairs or even less per day (hairs that are left in the tub after washing)

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd reccomend taking MSM as a supplement and adding Pumpkin Seed Oil to your mix.