my daughter

mybeautifulgirl

Reaction score
My daughter has a bald spot on the top of her head. I noticed it this summer. She is 8 and 1/2 years old. We had a very rough spring last year. She got lice from school. I treated her with NIX. It was a very stressful process for both of us, but we did get rid of it. She is a sensative little girl and very smart in school. She has been bullied in school and teased. We have been working very hard to empower her. I am not sure if the lice treatment, or the stress of bullying have anything to do with the bald patch. My hairdresser said it was Alopecia Areata. I know I need to take her to a doctor, but thought I would do a little research and see what was out there. I am trying to not make too much of an issue as the last thing I want to do is cause more stress to her. Please let me know if anyone else has had their child go through this. Thanks so much

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
Definitely go to the doctor, most of us on this site can't tell you much about why a little girl would lose hair. There are also some forums if you scroll down for other types of hair loss, I don't visit them but someof the people there might be able to help you.

I would highly recommend taking her to a doctor as soon as you possibly can.