My Dermatologist Told Me Finasteride Has A Very Low Success Rate?

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Recently i met with my dermatologist to see my progress with finasteride after six months, and needless to say i am still losing ground. What he said which i thought was interesting was in all his years of prescribing propecia there were only a handful of people who responded to the drug in terms of stopping or slowing loss.. now obviously that conflicts with the original studies but i see it time and time again on these forums, if the likelihood of success was about 83% then why are there so few success stories of propecia as a standalone treatment?
What do you guys think?

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can relate, finasteride didn't work for me either, I'm losing ground despite the heavy sides.

Still, it works for many of those who use it, which means that for many people, it actually stops or at least slows down hair loss. I don't know the exact statistics, but according to the many threads I read here, it seems that it actually works for most in halting or slowing hair loss.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can relate, finasteride didn't work for me either, I'm losing ground despite the heavy sides.

Still, it works for many of those who use it, which means that for many people, it actually stops or at least slows down hair loss. I don't know the exact statistics, but according to the many threads I read here, it seems that it actually works for most in halting or slowing hair loss.

Im sorry to hear that Dante :/ Makes me think DHT doesn't play as big of a role in hair loss as previously thought.. Its insane as ive read of people that take dutasteride, spironolactone and minoxidil all orally and somehow still lose ground! Crazy!! Although this was only about two reports ive seen..

We need more effective treatment, and fast :(

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Recently i met with my dermatologist to see my progress with finasteride after six months, and needless to say i am still losing ground.

I noticed initial finasteride gains at about 7 months

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride is a good drug to hold your status.

I'm now 4 months on finasteride and see 0 regrow .

The true is: What is away is away. No drug can help your then.

Just a hair transplant is your last option.