My early 20's have been wasted

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluejay

Established Member
Reaction score
My early 20's have been wasted (HOWEVER now turning into a definite success story)

my hurr.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are you me? I was always a goofy fat kid until I turned 18. I was skinny at 18 and had a full head of hair until about 21. Now I'm really the only one I know balding and my hairline is ****

bluejay

Established Member
Reaction score
One of the guys who was extremely popular and gave me the most **** for being fat in high school is now a Norwood 5 and he's only 20. He never finished high school, he got fired from his pizza delivery job, his girlfriend left him and he got kicked out of his band. I'm friends with his ex and I asked what happened and she told me ; he became depressed, got fat, turned into a raging a-hole and started smoking weed every day on his mom's money so I left him; after that he accused me of leaving him because he went bald and I told him it was because he turned into one of those pathetic downers he spent his life ridiculing. It kind of makes me happy thinking about him; things could be a hell of a lot worse xD

David.G

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in toronto too. How do you get finasteride free? I gotta pay for mine!

Good luck on your journey. Wouldn't surprise me if minoxidil fills up the back in no time. Don't be one of those guys that disappears after having success. Come back and post results :p

bluejay

Established Member
Reaction score
I lived in Montreal until recently, so I still have my Quebec health insurance card and I make the trip over there to fill in my prescriptions at a pharmacy every couple of months or so, free of charge.

scorpiolove

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As they say in the movie frozen, let it grow, let it grow! Oh no wait that's the wrong movie lol, just some comical relief for you, Seriously, you should just let your hair grow and use some toppic on the balding spots to give your hair a thicker look.

bluejay

Established Member
Reaction score
I would use toppik, but its the part of putting the stuff on everyday that bugs me. I'd be even more neurotic because I would make a friend, and seem to have full hair. But then I'd have to apply it everyday, and I wouldn't know how that person would feel about me bald and one day I won't have it on and feel...strange as he**. I'd rather let people know I'm balding straight off, so I don't obsess over what they think about it and can be comfortable around them. Maybe only really special occasions like my wedding or something, I'd definitely use it.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's not a Norwood 5, it's more like a diffuse NW1, and the type of hairloss that responds best to finasteride and minoxidil. The hairline is the hardest part to regrow and you've still got it. You have good reason to be optimistic about your regrowth.

bluejay

Established Member
Reaction score
2 Month Mark report

I know full well that almost no time has passed since I started, but I think I've noticed some slight progress. Some might say this is impossible, and maybe that's true but my gf has made a comment that my hair feels thicker than it has in months. I never shed hairs anymore and it does feel healthier already. I just realized this month that I've never actually lost any hair; there are literally no bald spots on my head but rather all of it has gotten so thin despite the roots remaining attached. I feel little velus hairs where there was once only skin it seemed, I think the quick onset of results is due to keeping my head buzzed down to a no.1 so even though my progress is far from cosmetically noticeable, I can sorta feel the foundation of what I think will most likely turn into a success story. Anyways here's a pic for you guys to see an maybe judge for yourselves. My next update will be at the 6 month mark because hopefully I'll have something more dramatic to post and give hope to others.Btw I have absolutely no side effects so far; besides during the first week where I had a slight ball ache which soon passed. I also added Omega 3 supplements and 15 minutes 3x a week spent at the steam bath in my gym to promote more circulation. Photo 2.jpg

kenny-k

Established Member
Reaction score
i'd say where you are now is like my baseline. I've been on finasteride and min for a month and my hair is getting shredded, the shedding is so bad its kinda gross. Also, I live in Ontario as well, and the 5mg generic finasteride is like 30 bucks for a 3 months supply i think cut into 4ths.

bluejay

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys I know I said I wouldn't be dropping back in until 6 months but these results have seriously got me excited. Hair feels thicker than it has in 2 years. The First pic is from March (a month before treatments) and the second one is after three months on the Big 3. They're both taken during the same hour of the morning in the same spot to capture a similar lightning and cut the same length. I'm definitely gaining some ground back on the crown, but my temples are still thin. They haven't receded an inch yet so it doesn't show on the pics but if you shine a bright light on the top of my head its obvious that its thinner than the back and sides. Anyways I'm only posting this to maybe cheer up some of the guys (or ladies) who are young and diffusing like myself into keepin on with treatments and perseverance. Tell me what you guys think if anyone cares, if not then its cool I'm mostly doing this for myself either way. Hope everyone's doing well in their own respective troubles regardless. Always keep up the fight.

march.jpg *baseline

pic III.jpg *three months progress

before+aftahh.jpg - Before and after Big 3

garfield3

Reaction score
definite difference

Wow! That looks a ton different. Maybe it was a combination of the two? Did you notice any hair falling out initially?

bluejay

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow! That looks a ton different. Maybe it was a combination of the two? Did you notice any hair falling out initially?

Didn't notice any shedding at all because I was keeping my head buzzed down to a no.1 every two weeks (hairs too small to see) but there was a time when the thinning patten got larger than it ever had been before during the first month. When I started balding, there were more than 15 hairs that would come out when I passed my hand through it and now its about 1-2 ; if that.

Chromio

Reaction score
Dude great progress. We have the same type of hairloss diffusing crown. It's funny because the second pic you have posted there's a led zeppelin poster in the background. I have the same exact poster and I'm doing the same exact crown shot lol I'll have to post it on here. Congrats again on your progress buddy!

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Great responder can't wait to see what it looks like in a year, probably filled in with no signs of hairloss. Keep it up!

Status
Not open for further replies.