My Experience With Hair Loss And How It's Affecting Me

CaptainMatt

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to share my story. It all started back in when I was 16 years old, I notice my hair line was receding. Of course being a kid I didn't know what was going on so I never worried about it... Move on a couple years later to my first semester of college and I've noticed I started to bald in the back and it's been getting worse. I used to shed so much and I was getting worried so I googled everything I could figure out about hair loss because I'm only 19 and not having a full head of hair scares me so I didn't start treating my hair loss until a couple days ago were I purchased rogaine to help. I've been using it for about a week and I haven't noticed a lot of shedding like I was getting when I wasn't using it. But I've notice my hair is way thinner. I'm sticking with it until I see some results hopefully. I'm 19 years old and going bald scares me to death because all my friends had full head of hair, my dad had a full head of hair until his late 30s when his started to recede and my brothers hair is just fine... I don't know the real to the problem because my health is fine and early hair loss doesn't run in the family. I hope I can find someone like me with the same problem and hopefully shed some light on their experiences

g.i joey

Reaction score
everyone on this forum is like you lol, there is no underlying cause to your hair loss, if its in the norwood pattern then its simply male pattern baldness.

jc3303

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel your pain, there's literally one bald person in my entire family. I'm half native for f*** sakes, the race with the best hair genes and I couldn't have them. sometimes you're just unlucky I guess, my hair loss doesn't follow the norwood pattern tho. mine just thins on the top, so it's not really noticeable unless my hair gets wet.