My finasteride Journey! *Starting Today*

haz_

Reaction score
My finasteride Journey! *Starting Today* (25/1/16)

Hi all!

So like many I have been contemplating starting finasteride. I have had my prescription for a while and last week I decided to purchase it.
I continued reading about it and filled my head with as much knowledge as I could about this drug, good & bad. I am now going to start taking it (0.5mg every day), I plan on not reading the negativity surrounding it due to the chance of placebo effects occurring and I will aim to keep a positive mind set!

Some pictures below, I am 21 years old, and I guess within the past year or so have noticed my thinning around the crown. My hairline and temples are fine so that is a plus!

I work out weekly & do Thai boxing also, so I am fit & healthy (diet is also good) so hoping that will play a nice role whilst taking finasteride!
My libido has been fairly low over the past few months but has started picking up again recently (within the past month or so), I put that down to eating a lot, I had been cutting for a while whilst working out at the gym to reduce BF%.

I also use 'nioxin' to wash my hair.

Thought I'd make this thread as I know a lot of people are on the edge in regards to taking finasteride as am I, or in this case was. I hope to post progress updates frequently and answer any questions as I go along!

Thanks for taking the time to read my post!

Attachments

• crown1.jpg
    crown1.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 311
  • crown2.jpg
    crown2.jpg
    339.1 KB · Views: 309

shookwun

Reaction score
should restore almost all your hair. Crown is at a good baseline for responding well to finasteride.

A year from now it'll be very minor.

I would start a hair transplant fund that you can put aside for the future.

haz_

Reaction score
should restore almost all your hair. Crown is at a good baseline for responding well to finasteride.

A year from now it'll be very minor.

I would start a hair transplant fund that you can put aside for the future.

that's what im hoping for! Under bright lighting conditions it does look worse however im optimistic at this stage.

I've thought about hair transplant, not sure in the future if hair loss will bother me as much, who knows. At 21 its a pretty devastating thing to happen. I've thought about SMP in the future if finasteride doesn't bode well with my body, but time shall tell!

Digidako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck man, I'm 21 too and I've had great maintenance from finasteride.
Started 1mg ED when I was 18

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Drop the nixion if your using it for hairloss its snake oils its pushed by salon stylist who know jack**** about male pattern baldness. I was tricked into using that garbage as well. Hope to see you at the year or sooner with that crown filled in good luck!

g.i joey

Reaction score
Nioxin doesn't do anything for hairlOSS but I love the fresh feeling it gives your scalp when you use the shampoo and conditioner with each other

haz_

Reaction score
Nioxin doesn't do anything for hairlOSS but I love the fresh feeling it gives your scalp when you use the shampoo and conditioner with each other

Yeah I think that is why I initially used it.

Drop the nixion if your using it for hairloss its snake oils its pushed by salon stylist who know jack**** about male pattern baldness. I was tricked into using that garbage as well. Hope to see you at the year or sooner with that crown filled in good luck

Ah, I see, I did make my hair feel healthier, I'll switch to more natural products after I am finished with these, thanks for the kind words and the advice!
Good luck man, I'm 21 too and I've had great maintenance from finasteride.
Started 1mg ED when I was 18

Thanks dude! Hoping to be in the position as you then in the coming months/year! Lets see how this unfolds.

shookwun

Reaction score
I honestly find baby shampoo the best to use. Not only is it soft on the hair but it doesn't strip, and dry the follicle of essential oils.

it's gentle enough to use every day, and keeps the follicle clean without those harmful additives that are common with other shampoos.