My First 2 Weeks With A System In The Construction Industry

Ludus

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi folks, today Signalled the end of my ‘system’ wearing adventure!

What promised to be a head turning mood lifter actually turned out to be a sticky, uncontrollable embarrassing, expensive joke.
I honestly wish that I had documented it in more detail with photos & video footage but at the time I felt like my world was ending and I was soon to be outed as a ‘wig wearer’.

All this action happened over 10 days, maybe I didn’t give it enough time?
Either way I decided that the joke was on me & I had let myself fall for those glossy adverts & videos until reality finally stepped up and I had to face the facts that wigs & building sites just don’t mix.

Here’s my thought list

1) days 1-3 it looked pretty good
2) day 4 took a shower & re did hairline.
3) day 5 noticed it loosing colour & becoming dry & wire like.
4) on day 6 & 7....I made 20 plus blokes laugh out loud...but they were generally nice about ‘Elton’
5) 8 days in & it came off in the shower, re attached it....2hrs later.
6) on day 9 the heat melted the glue & the front flapped up like an old shoe, luckily 3 bricklayers were on hand to point out the situation literally unfolding before their eyes.
I’ve shaved my head & received a round of applause...we bury ‘Elton’ tomorrow with full building site honours.
Just my journey folks, I hope yours is better.
Peace out.
Ludus

AngelCopete

My Regimen
Reaction score
It sounds like a bad experience

But remember that any system only lasts 7 days with good attachment if you are using extra or ultra hold tape or bond

It mean that you need to make a full maintenance and complete reattachment once a week

In the other side, you need to use creams and leave in conditioner daily on the hair to make it feel and look natural. Otherwise, the hair will look like a dead cat on your scalp

I’ve been a wig user for about 3 months (with the same system) and it’s been so far so good by now, and i exercise daily and I sweat tons of sweat

But I work in an office, climate controlled and maybe that helps

Maybe the construction work is one of the most difficult environments to wear a piece, all day exposed to the elements, with a helmet on, construction material in the air, etc

Well, if u decide to use a wig later in ur life, you should know that you need to make full maintenance once a week at least, nor tape or bond will last more than that

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sounds like you did not have a good experience at all. It seems like you're not interested in trying the hair system route again so there's no real point in giving you advice lol.

All I can tell you is, that yes, systems are NOT perfect, but if you do the maintenance and deal with reputable people, you get a good experience.

I have never had mine flap up, bond has always been strong. Hairline lasts a week easily, you have to do the maintenance. Plain and simple. i use a leave in conditioner daily and the hair looks great. Styled with a partial hairline exposed, I love it.

Feel bad you had a not so great experience.

Abiel

Reaction score
I think that if you work out in the sun you should get a hairstyle that covers the front line and use tape. Then during the weekend do your maintenence and blow dry it back

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Ludus

Very sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. If you ever wanted to try again the people on this board could talk you through the process and make sure it goes right the next time. But I can well understand that the bruising you had the first time may have put you off hair replacement permanently.

Ludus

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Ludus

Very sorry to hear you had such a bad experience. If you ever wanted to try again the people on this board could talk you through the process and make sure it goes right the next time. But I can well understand that the bruising you had the first time may have put you off hair replacement permanently.

Thanks Noah

I’m still considering the options but I’m doing far more research than I did previously.

For what it’s worth....I told all my friends and Co workers & kind of wrapped it up as one of life’s funny experiences.

After that, I showed each one the pictures as I first left the salon...everyone without exception agreed that I should do it again for two reasons:

1) It looked amazing.
2) There’s no dark secret.

Watch this space!

Ludus.

Noah

Reaction score
That's a good attitude Ludus. I'm glad to hear you haven't been put off the whole idea; you are obviously made of sterner stuff. There are several unfortunate features of your story which would have been avoided with a bit more information and maybe some different materials, so research is the answer. A very dusty work environment, especially one which is also hot and sweaty, is not ideal for a hair system, but there are ways of coping using a bandana or something similar. I personally have the same issue at work sometimes.

Good luck with your researches, and feel free to come back if you need help or inspiration.

fordmollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
In my first two weeks with a system in the construction industry, I’ve already noticed how much smoother operations run. Having a well-organized system has allowed me to manage tasks more efficiently and ensure that every detail is on track. At Innova Homes, based in Doonside, NSW, where we specialize in single storey home building, this system has helped streamline the process from planning to execution. It's exciting to see the positive impact on project timelines and overall quality. Highly recommend implementing a reliable system for anyone in construction!