My flaking is gone. My shedding is gone.

wastingpenguins

Established Member
Reaction score
After only two weeks of proper showering twice a day, cutting minoxidil back to once a day (now using Dr. Lee's instead of Rogaine), and a little help from T/Sal, my scalp has gone from being encrusted in a coat of dead, flaky skin to 100% clean and healthy. The change is amazing.

NO more flakes. NO more itching. And amazingly enough, after five months of what I thought was some crazy, extended finasteride shed, my shedding has suddenly stopped cold.

I still can't help help but check my hands in the shower, and I now usually have about one hair on my fingers after a vigorous shampooing instead of 5-10.

Maybe I'll start to see some improvement from finasteride now that my scalp is under control? I really have no idea how much bad scalp conditions could have caused the thinning my hair has undergone in the past five months. Guess I'll keep everyone posted. :)

G

You should start to see some improvement in the coming months. Good luck and keep us all posted!

need_hair04

Reaction score
hey thats great to hear about your success with no dandruff problems anymore. Just wondering though because I have been experiencing alot of dandruff and itching lately, what exactly stopped the irritation?
was it the 2 showers a day, lowering the minoxidil to once a day, or the TSAL?? Did you wash your hair less than once a day previously??

Fill me in because I wash my hair everyday and use Nizoral as well as T-gel and now I'm trying Selsun Blue for a change! Could washing your hair twice a day vs. once a day be that beneficial??

Also what is the percent of salyctic acid in the T-Sal that you use because in Canada we dont seem to have it here, BUT there is a version of T-Gel with 4% salyctic acid, I am currently using 3%!! Fill me in thanks!

tigritos

Reaction score
I Live in Canada

And I buy Sebcure at Wallmart, it has 4% salcylic acid and costs about 6$ CDN for 120ml

It is leave your hair clean and soft.

It as a built-in conditioning formula.