my hair isn't shedding

Reaction score
I've been going around these forums and I constantly hear about people saying they find 30-40 hairs just from shampooing holy ****. I only see 2-3 hairs after I shampoo and wash my hair and more often than not I don't find any. When I rub my head to see if I have dandruff I have no hair falling out at all. Even if I sit and style my hair with gel for 15 minutes I still only see about 10 hairs.

Currently I am on nizoral 2% for dandruff, but my scalp still has bits of seb derm building up overnight and my hair smells like it's getting oily fast. Do you guys think I should still hop on finasteride/minoxidil or should I monitor my loss with nizoral? I am thinking about finding a new doctor/derm if I get on finasteride since my old doctor wouldn't prescribe 5mg and my old doctor was our family doctor and he ALWAYS brought girls in for internships and I feel kind of uncomfortable talking about my hairloss to just a doctor alone, let alone 2 students sitting there taking notes like I'm an expierement.

Dikek

Established Member
Reaction score
How can be possible, hairloss means shedding and miniaturization, i washed my hairs today and last time was saturday and i lost about 150 hairs, and this is not a massive shedding, are you sure you have Androgenetic Alopecia?

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
you might not have an aggressive type of male pattern baldness

could be a very slow process in your case

Reaction score
How can be possible, hairloss means shedding and miniaturization, i washed my hairs today and last time was saturday and i lost about 150 hairs, and this is not a massive shedding, are you sure you have Androgenetic Alopecia?

Yeah my hairline looks like ****. Especially since I was born with a nw1 hairline to begin with.

maticabhi

Reaction score
you're lucky you don't see 30-40 hairs (what i am going through) or 150 hairs (what dikek is going through) when you shampoo ..you should worry less cause i think thats pretty normal losing only 2-3 hairs

Reaction score
you're lucky you don't see 30-40 hairs (what i am going through) or 150 hairs (what dikek is going through) when you shampoo ..you should worry less cause i think thats pretty normal losing only 2-3 hairs

yeah but my hairline is **** it's like literally decimated :/

maticabhi

Reaction score
talking about hairline

jxNxj212T4BrQ.jpg

Attachments

• jxNxj212T4BrQ.jpg
    jxNxj212T4BrQ.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 276

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score
when I first noticed my hairloss I wasn't shedding either
after I started finasteride I am shedding so much it's crazy. I had a blank piece of paper on the floor of my bedroom. 2 weeks later when I went to pick it up there were hairs everywhere on it

Reaction score
when I first noticed my hairloss I wasn't shedding either
after I started finasteride I am shedding so much it's crazy. I had a blank piece of paper on the floor of my bedroom. 2 weeks later when I went to pick it up there were hairs everywhere on it

Do you think I should start a minoxidil regimen every other day and get some regrowth going before I do propecia? That shed sounds scary