My hair loss story! New discovery! Pictures Included!!

song.s

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I wanted to share my hairloss story with yall! Until this point, I still am not sure whether I am diagnosed with male pattern baldness or tellogen effluvium. My hairloss started during the month of February 2011 during my senior semester. I had endured severe stress for 2 years throughout college. I would sleep about 20 hours a week and would crash diet. Junk food was my main priority with 3 cups of coffee, along with 3-4 bottles of energy drinks a day. I have started losing hair for about 8 months now but the thing is, I am diffusing all over my head! My sides are thinning/above and under ears, hair around the neck is thinning, and my whole back of head is thinning. My crown has thinned a bit. Overall, I am experiencing diffusing thining!
As soon as I was thinning, with the little knowledge I had on male balding pattern, I had jumped on propecia and monoxidil. Monoxidil kirkland brand was very effective in helping me regrow back the hairs that I have loss. However, the tradeoffs were bloating of the face, extreme dandruff, and dry/unhealthy looking hair. After using monoxidil effectively for 5 months, I have started to notice a decline of hair growth? Was monoxidil losing it's effectiveness? I started observing my scalp and my scalp was very dry. I mean extremly dry! I thought to myself whether the buildup of monoxidil was causing hair loss and preventing the hair follicles from growing hair. One day I decided to massage my scalp on the temple region only and oh my god!! Tons of dry flakes came scurrying down the sink (pictures inside). The flakes were 1 inch high and 1.5 inch wide altogether. After massaging the flakes off, I could see regrowth along the temples and my theory was correct. Dry skin and flakes were blocking my hair follicles from producing hair! Overall, I will give you updates on my story but here is some pictures of my hairloss.
Do you guys believe that hairloss is male pattern baldness or tellogen effluvium? Also, massage your scalp! It helps a ton!
http://www.clublexus.com/forums/the-deb ... ost6769989

Uberhairloss

Reaction score
It's just impossible to say for certain in those pics, wash your hair and take some pics in a well lit room