My hair story

celtic

Reaction score
Hey all. Just registered and will give you a quick overview of why I did.

First noticed my hair thinning 4 years ago when I was 28. At the time I actually had long, think hair, almost like a mop on top of my head. The thinning was towards the front on top of my head, but a few inches up from my hair line.

I didn't really notice it so much until I began getting my hair cut really short in the last couple of years, where not only was the original thinning more apparent, but my hair also over time seemed to be receding above my temples.

The result is that my hair seems to be beginning to develop into a detached island at the front of my head! Above my temples I've lost hair completely, whilst on top it just seems quite thin. My hair grows quite thick everywhere else, especially at the back.

My original plan was just to continue shaving it really short until forever, but I now quite fancy growing my hair in again. Not had it cut for 4 months now, and the thin-ness and receding hairline become apparent unless I position my hair in a certain way. I don't really fancy spending my time doing that. For starters, I'll feel like a clown.

Only attempt at treatment I've tried is the Alopecin caffeine shampoo, and I'm not sure if it has done anything. Not sure there's anything that can be done for my receding hair line - however much I'd like it - but hopefully my thin hair could be made to match the rest of my thick hair.

Hope you got this fair and would be delighted to answer any questions if I've not been clear enough.

Molex

Reaction score
I'd say get on the big 3 ASAP: Finastride - Minoxidil - Nizoral
Try it for 12 months, then evaluate.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Your story celtic is very similar to mine when i was 16 i had longish mop type hair and when i got my hair cut i saw thinning in the same place as you did i didnt take much notice off it everytime i got a haircut i noticed thin patch got thinner and thinner but as more time went on i also started to recede along with the thin patch still thinning as even more time went on an island started to form at the front also...i now buzz it to a number 1 but with me i think my crown has started to go thin very weird to see a story alot like mine.