My hair transplant advice to Norwood 6 guys:

CCS

Reaction score
Unless you think your side hair would die, transplant all of it to the top, especially to a generous hairline.

Use FUE from a good Doctor who won't leave huge holes.

If the scars on the sides are noticeable, use skin color tatoo, on the light side to look OK in winter, to hide the dot scars.

Use deep hair shaped hair colored tatoos under the skin to look like follicles on your sides, and on top in places.

Give yourself a marine corps hair cut, but one of a NW1.
If you don't got enough hair for the whole top, maybe give yourself a flat top with tatoo up there too. That will work out since you are bald up there anyway.

Basically, you move your side hair to your crown and hairline, put tatoo everywhere, and maybe have a flat top.

Then get good with the buzzers to maintain it. People will ask why you are so military moto, but as long as it is a marine cut and not a mohawk, it will be fine. Better than just being bald.

What do you guys think?

CCS

Reaction score
The other option, if you have hair on your body, is BHT. But body hair is more curly, so you may need to keep it shorter. BHT might be an option for the top or crown though.

Final option:
Shave it all, and use tatoo follicles to hide the balding areas, so it just looks like you shave.

And then there is the hair piece.

Avery

Established Member
Reaction score
Any of that would look terribly unnatural. It is better to be a bald guy than a guy with an odd transplant, tatoos, etc. At some point, one needs to work toward getting over it rather than some rediculous "solution."

PersonGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
I see what he's getting at. It makes some sense. The only issue I see would be the lack of quality of any one of those procedures giving the other one away. Like a bad tattooing job would bring attention to the transplant and so on.

CCS

Reaction score
PersonGuy said:
I see what he's getting at. It makes some sense. The only issue I see would be the lack of quality of any one of those procedures giving the other one away. Like a bad tattooing job would bring attention to the transplant and so on.

In order for the hair transplant to have any density at all on top, it would be a ton of work. Probably cost too much. Is a way to have hair though if you can spend $50k.

As for me, I'd just shave my head, and tatoo in the follicles, and tatoo color any scars. Skip the transplants.

DarkVctry

Established Member
Reaction score
Its funny CCS mentioned this because i was thinking the same thing. I am currently in the military and i see alot of bald guys with their ring of hair, and i always wondered if they FUE'd that ring of hair and put it on the top then they could have a high and tight, or high and tight flattop.

Ive seen older guys in their late 60's pull it off too and it just made them look like patriotic military dudes. I don't consider it a bad idea........however if thats going to cost 50k then no way in hell. I think my limit id spend on hair transplant would be 25K and thats pushing it.

Boondock

Reaction score
As with all of your posts CCS, this kind of makes sense. The only problem for me is the risk. If you c*** up a normal FUE hair transplant, at worst you'll probably have a less than ideal hairline, and quite poor coverage. If you c*** this one up, you could have sparse hair on the sides of your hair and unnatural pubes on your crown.

Yet another reason to get a world class surgeon.