My hair transplant Plan

kriss

Reaction score
I am 43 yo, norwood 2. recessions at temple points, and thinning front hairline. After many hours and 3 Dr. consultation I am considering doing :

Have a FUE procedure at just one of the temple points to see first hand how the hair transplant will go. It would require 200 or less grafts. I will have grafts placed wre there is no longer hair, and also in the exisiting hairline adjacent the temple point. This way I experiences grafts in both areas with no hair, and grafts placed in between exisiting hairs.

If I am unhappy with the results I can decide to not do any more procedures, or find another Dr. Plus I will not be branded with a strip scar too.

If I like the results I will then have the other temple point and front hairline done. Thoughts? Comments? Reasons to not do it this way?

G

Sounds good to me-- will take a long time however... I think you can go for a bigger session with a proven Doctor.

I absolutely agree with the fue scenario.

Take Care,
Jason

kriss

Reaction score
If all goes well I would go back for a 2nd procedure in 8 to 12 months, and it would be a larger procedure. I am fortunate that for now the DRs I have consulted with all think 800 to 1000 grafts would all I need for now.

It seems like every DR you read good things about on all of these forums also has a few bads things as well. Hard to tell who and what to believe. That's why I am considering my "plan". Test the waters first.

G

Kriss-- EVERY doctor has poor results from time to time.

However, you need to consider 2 things:

#1-- frequency of happening and #2--- The clinic response to these issues.

Another consideration is post-op actions taking by the patient---in some instances smoking and drinking can cause poor growth--using very hot water can kill grafts as well----

If you are considering a doctor that is transparent here on the net (ala Shpairo, H&W, Feller, etc...) you can be assured you will be treated fairly.

For an 800- 1000 graft fue hairline Dr. Feller and Dr. Rose would be great choices-- BOTH have a great success rate and provide great patient care.

However, there is nothing wrong with your plan either, other than a little more waiting time.

Take Care,
Jason

CCS

Reaction score
keep your temples symetrical. add 100 to each.

G

kriss,

A couple of things. First, it's a good sign that at 42, you're only a Norwood 2. What does your crown look like. I see you have been on finasteride in the form of Proscar for the long term, and is it working well for you? Obviously you are cutting the Proscar like myself and many do? What is the most advanced class of hairloss on either side of your family history?

If hairloss is minimal in your family history, I think you are making a wise choice with FUE. You obviously do not need alot of work, and hopefully won't in the future.

I agree with Bspot in making a choice with a proven FUE Doctor. Best wishes to you man. I did not do my first hair transplant until I was 41.

G

Bspot,

He is a good FUE candidate but why would you recommend Dr. Shapiro or H&W if these docs don't perform FUE?

kriss

Reaction score
I've had another consultation with another DR. This Dr doesn't think doing the temples will help much. he also doesn't think just adding later to the front hairline will do what I want. I want to overcome the "see thru" in the front. He's advice is to do 2000 grafts all over the front/top, in about a 3 to 4 inch area. If I did this, I'd do strip.

No one in my family has lost all their hair. all have had hair on the front/top, just thinned and receeded some. My crown is good. not thick, thick - but as thick and full as it has always been.

G

Gill--- I did not recommend Dr. Shapiro or H&W.

I referenced the level of transparency each clinic has achieved online as a measure of comfortability in CHOOSING a doctor---Sorry to anyone confused by the post. :whistle:

Jason