My hairloss and my doubts on how to threat it..

vika

Reaction score
Hey everyone :listen:
Im happy to find a forum like this to share my frustration about my hairloss.

First of all pardon my english. Its my second language so its a bit off.

Since i was 24 years old i have noticed my hair is receeding.

First off it just started in my temples. I noticed it first when i shaved my head. My temples was a bit higher then they had been in my youth. I didnt think too much about it. I just figured it was normal for me and would stop at that.

Now im 28 and it seems its continuing to receed.. :thumbdown2:
On my top it has got thinner. I can see some of my scalp if i dont use some styling product and i think my temples got higher. On the behind i can see a little spot too that dosent look like a good sign..

I been reading alot lately about hairloss on this forum. It seems pretty obvious for me that i got the normal signs that i will eventually loose my hair.

So what can i do about it?
As i read over and over here. i should get on finasteride, nizoral and rogaine.

So far i been just using a good shampoo, nizoral, taking multivitamins and b-vitamin. I was hoping that would be enough, but it dosent look that way.

As for finasteride i have been really sceptical. As everyone im afraid of my libido, but the reported brainfogs i keep reading about scare me just as much. I got enough brainfog as it is lol.
Then theres the issue that i need to be carefull with making my girlfriend pregnant while on finasteride. This is a big turndown too.. Im at that stage in my life soon.

I guess i made this thread to ask people on the forum that dont use finistaride. How do you battle your hairloss ? Is anything working well?

I know this a pretty basic question, so if people are bored of replying, you can just link to some other posts i might have missed in my research. Im pretty much open for anything that dosent affect my overall health.
Im very intrested in new research too. ( i need some hope..)

Btw. I noticed people like to see pictures so i added a few :)

alt.jpghoy.jpgmidt.jpgven.jpg

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hairloss, in 99% of cases is caused by DHT, not a vitamin deficiency. The only way to treat hairloss is a DHT inhibitor like Finasteride. Look for scientific/clinical evidence of brainfog from propecia... There is none! The truth is, the drug is off patent, so a lot of representatives of more expensive hairloss products don't want you to buy it, they want you to buy their product, which is in patent instead! A small number of people have mild to moderate effects, but there is no reason not to try it.

I would be far more worried that finasteride wouldn't work for me (in 10% of men it doesn't work) than it causing any side effects. If you want to keep your hair, finasteride is your best option. If you don't use finasteride, it is very unlikely that you will keep your hair. There are no other clinically proven treatments for tackling the cause of hair loss. If you absolutely refuse to take finasteride, then consider saw palmetto, it is supposedly a mild DHT inhibitor. I wouldn't bet on it working though. If you want to keep your hair, then get on finasteride asap

And you can conceive while on finasteride, as long as the tablet itself doesn't come into contact with your girlfriend, there is no danger afaik.

CursedMen

Established Member
Reaction score
Get on finasteride and minoxidil you could probably get enough regrowth where it wouldn't be as noticeable. Or buzz that **** and get on with life.

Raz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey man, I still think you have a decent head of hair! But I can definitely also symphatise with wanting to keep your hair and or regrow a bit, so it's definitely important to get on the right drugs. As much as it sucks to say, I am also going to agree with the others and urge you to get on Finasteride. I understand the concerns you have as well, but the horror stories definitely don't give you the right idea about the drug. The people with the side-effects are the noisiest, as the people for whom the drug works well don't have any need to come telling their stories in the same way as the minority has a need to preach about it. Also, some people seem to blame finasteride for just about everything that also might be coincidental (have read some hilarious and sad stories on propeciahelp...). I can only speak for myself but I have been on finasteride for 41 days now and I have had no side-effects. Maybe a bit watery semen, but no libido drop or anything. Also, felt a bit dizzy on the first few days and needed to take a piss literally every 30 minutes, but that too has completely subsided now. (In fact, I think I need to pee less often than I did before getting on finasteride; don't know why but it is used for prostrate related things too after all). So yeah, finasteride is the way to go for preventing the actual culprit from acting and stopping the clock, with hopefully some crown/vertex regrowth with luck too. Good luck to you anyway! (Ps. Sorry for the paragraphing, couldn't get it to work properly for some reason...)

vika

Reaction score
Hey again.

Thanks for the replies. I cant say they was what i hoped for, but it was expected. :turned: It did help a bit for my worries about the side effects. You bring out a good point Raz with the people with side-affects are the noisest.

Guess i might go talk to my doctor about starting finasteride. I have big doubts he will give it to me, since doctors are reserved about using it here. Though it is possible to get a prescription from some.
I really like to get it from him though, since hes a great doctor to go to in general. I really dont feel like starting this on my own.

Ill let you all know what happens if i do start it.
:mobile:

vika

Reaction score
And Hello. :)

Fast forward three years. I ended up getting on Propecia November, 2014.
Two years have passed now and my hair is basically the same as in my first picture, so i will not post any pictures today.
Around three weeks after i started the treatment, my scalp itch finally went away. My hair also improved for a good year, but last spring it started to get worse again. The itch has returned too..

My regime so far has been Finisteride and Fungoral 20mg.

Can anyone advice me on what my next step should be in treating my hairloss?

minoxidil seems obvious. Anything else that can help me to maintain and maybe give a bit of regrowth? I see hairlosstalk is promoting S5 Cream. Do anyone have experience with it? Anything else maybe?

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
RU58841, it is a topical anti-androgen. I wouldn´t add Minoxidil if you are ok with your hair.