My hairloss and propecia 'side effects'

Jucassa

Reaction score
EDIT: Sorry for the delay, image uploaded

Hi all,

Been lurking for over a year now. Finally decided to post my story. Hopefully it helps encourage others, as well as myself, and maybe even learn something *shrug*

27/male. Started losing my hair steadily since highschool. Only really noticed when someone had pointed it out, but by that time it had gotten quite bad. Sadly I never had money at the time so I couldn't do anything anyways. I've always had very low self esteem and never ben happy with my body. This just further added to my plight.

I started treating it at 25. I kinda dived head first into the first thing I found, which was sadly a bunch of saw palmetto and laser nonsense. It never helped in the slightest and just wasted time.

I finally found this forum and went to a dermo and got the big 3 which I've been on for about a year and a half.

At times it felt like there was progress, but it's never looked like actual regrowth. Kind of just halted everything.

Past regime:

Regime for past year and a half:
nizoral shampoo
Kirkland Minoxidl 5%
Finestride 1mg

I use toppik as a concealer.

Current regime:

nizoral shampoo
Kirkland Minoxidl 5%
Finestride 1mg
Silica
Biotin
Multi Vitamin

I'm not sure if the supplements are helping or not, but I have bad skin as well so not much to lose I guess.

A note on propecia/Finestride side effects.

I had what I believed was erectile/libido issues from the propecia. I read countless posts about all the trouble it had been causing and believed this to be the issue, however I did not want to stop taking propecia. Long story short I tried everything from l-argenine to various performance enhancers.

This was right about the time I had started dating a new girl, and tried to quit my severe p**rn addiction. It took almost 9 months, and I'm thankful she was supportive and stuck around. Once I had cleared my mind, starting going out and focusing on life again, my erection returned and has been as good as ever. I haven't skipped a propecia since I started a year and a half ago. There is proof that it does effect men, but my suggestion is don't jump to this conclusion. The days I have strayed and watched the occasional p**rn video... my erectile dysfunction immediately returns and hangs around for a day or two. It's just not worth it. I've taken to installing adblocks and removing any kind of temptation.

Pics will be uploaded tonight. I'll try update as much as possible.

Feel free to ask anything

26-01-2015
IMG_3643_zpshvposgen.jpg

16-02-2015
IMG_3790.jpg

17-03-2015
IMG_3966_zpsq1yo3urw.jpg

Last edited:

wbz115

Reaction score
How long did it take to see any kind of change when you started propecia and did you have a initial increase in hair loss b4 it started working?
I'm about to start 1mg of generic propecia, so I'm looking forward to seeing your progress I'll probably go with a similiar regime.

Jucassa

Reaction score
@wbz115

I started taking propecia and minoxidil roughly around the same time. It was frightening how much hair I lost at first. It had me at the point of depression.

However, I started noticing regrowth about 3 months after this dramatic shed and brought me back to how it was before in maybe 6-8 months. I'm yet to see signs of full regrowth but currently I use some Toppik to conceal the crown. I'd say it's maintaining what I had rather than regrowing.

I'm not throwing in the towel just yet.