My Hairloss story- Pics Inside--

oblivion19

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I am from India and I'll share my hairloss story. I am aged 26 years now. I started noticing hair loss from the past 4-5 years. It became worse in the past two years and especially in the last year which has affected my self confidence.

Below Picture is from November 2011. I had lost quite some hair but not noticeable due to my long hair. I was misguided at that time and thought it was probably due to not taking care of my hair rather than male pattern baldness since nobody in my family or relatives have male pattern baldness. My elder brothers are in their mid 30's and still rocking a decent scalp.

I tried some homeopathy and probably a month of Rogaine but stopped.

UJX5sM0.jpg

So, past few months, even my long hair are not able to hide my bald spots. I have decided to take this seriously now. I really admire the discipline of you guys in sticking to great regimes over long periods of time.

Here is my current regime which I have started just today.

-Togaine( 5% Minoxidil foam) Daily twice
-Nizoral shampoo(1% Ketoconazole) twice a week

Additional
-Jaborandi hair oil with saw palmetto(once or twice a week according to convenience)
-Cleanser with saw palmetto
This is from a hair loss clinic. I have read about poor results with their therapy
They also wanted to prescribe Serenoa Complex which has Saw Palmetto ’extract’ and Horsetail ’extract’ as the main ingredients. I did not want to experiment this on my body so I gave that a pass. They claim that its a natural DHT blocker without the side effects.

-My issues with Propecia and other DHT blockers.
I don't want to mess with my libido at the moment as Im young 26 years and getting married in few months.My fiancee will gladly accept my bald head rather than deal with issues with libido/ED. Also, another major issue is I that I have multiple kidney stones. This is extremely painful at times and I do not want to try anything that may worsen my condition.

Here are my current pics.

DSC_10783.jpgDSC_10765.jpgDSC_1080.jpgDSC_10746.jpgDSC_1078.jpgDSC_1089.jpg

Some doubts that I have

-Is this definetely male pattern baldness or it can be anything else?
-When you guys say, you wash off the rogain foam after 4 yours, do you use shampoo?
-Also, whats the point of washing it off in the first place. Why cant I apply it in the morning and apply it in the night and rinse off next morning?
-Any suggestions are welcome. I am not going to try finasteride for now, anything else is welcome.

The Plan
-Stick to this regime(Rogain foam plus Nizoral 1% for 3 months)
-Join a gym and work out. I read somewhere that DHT will get redirected to building muscle rather than causing hair loss. Is this true?

rj2000

Reaction score
Hi

It looks like male pattern baldness but looking at your pics it certainly isn't that bad and 99% of people wouldnt think anything of it. I cant comment on the rogaine as I only take Propecia.

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hi, regarding rogaine..you don't have to rinse it off..some people do it because they think it makes their hair look greasy or something in the morning. but normally you just apply it twice a day in the morning and at night! no need to wash it off!

Mestys

Established Member
Reaction score
Regarding the gym, DHT is not anabolic therefore does not have an effect on muscle growth and is not redircted anywhere, the body doesn't do that. Testosterone is converted to DHT by 5-ar in the scalp and prostate and well other areas, that's how it has it's local effect.

dark&bald

Established Member
Reaction score
you are thinning on your crown and obviously your hairline has moved back but I don't see any noticeable loss on the rest of your head. Is it possible that you are not balding and just your hair line is changing?

oblivion19

Reaction score
I dont really think its my hair line changing. Im losing tons of hair over the past few years. So, Im pretty sure that its hair loss. I am not sure yet if its male pattern baldness or some other cause.