My History With Propecia And Quitting 3 Months Ago

Ak22

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi people, this post is to let people know what i do. A little long history
Back in december of 2014 to March of 2015 i do myself 5 keratin relaxers at the top of my head(yeah i know im a stupid idiot) the instructions tellig that i had to let a 1 inch from the root to not do any damage to the follicle, i put it directly at the scalp !!! i lost about 60% of my hair.

Then stupidly i went to the drugstore an thinking that my thinning was about Androgenetic Alopecia i buy some finasteride who took about 13 months until april, my hair get worse on propecia, continued shedding, the hair never was looking good while one group of hair was growing the other falling, oily face, oily scalp, libido high like hell, i went to a dermatologist and he say me to dump the finasteride off, now three months later, i have no more shedding at oall, new hair growing like 1/2 inch on my hairline, iwas in permanent telogen effluvium until i go off finasteride my oily hair/scalp gone and libido estabilized, sometimes i think the remedy is worse than the sickness.
Sorry my english i just wanna to teell my history hopefully help someone.

Ak22

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some thoughs? I make a mistake in the first place to go to finasteride? My problem with relaxer damage wasnt receding hairlime was a diffuse disaster

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It doesn't seem you have Androgenetic Alopecia....so I'm not sure how this will help.

Ak22

My Regimen
Reaction score
One question, i got a lot of sores on my scalp looking like acne after that shitties chemical relaxer, what means that this sh*t stuff has infected my follicles?

Thanks btw

Ak22

My Regimen
Reaction score
Last one, i lost 60% of my hair in diffuse way in three moths, this is Androgenetic Alopecia? Or was produced for the relaxer?, is better now, i say i am like 60% of what i had i guess i have recovered 25 to 20 percent of my hair fall.