My journey to hairloss w/ pics

word2yamutha

Reaction score
Hello. Im 29 and wanting to start growing back my hair. Im currently using pura d'or hairloss prevention shampoo and minoxidil as my current routine for the past 4 months but haven't seen any improvement. Im not sure if its too late to start, but would like some help in the right direction. I plan on seeing a dermatologist next week in hopes to get finasteride. The last time I tried to get finasteride he gave me propecia instead and it was $90 a month and couldn't afford it.

What do you guys recommend for a good conditioner? The minoxidil is drying my hair up badly and wondered what you guys were using.

Attachments

• hairlossfront.jpg
    hairlossfront.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 284
  • hairloss top.jpg
    hairloss top.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 258

bluemoon1212

Established Member
Reaction score
I use mane and tail products, but my hair is naturally dry and coarse. I find that leave-in products help more with dryness than conditioner. Shampoo isn't going to do **** for your hairloss. The only one that has a marginal effect on scalp dht is keta 2%, like nizoral. I order my finesteride from alldaychemist. 90 pills cost like $15, plus the flat $25 shipping rate. Do what you will with that information. The first thing you need to do is get on finesteride, whatever the source. Kirkland's minoxidil 5% is cheap and just as effective as the name brand, so that's what i'd suggest using for regrowth. Just browse the website. Look at the success stories, take the applied knowledge that led to regrowth/maintenance, and use it in your own regimen. Big 3 all the way.

MI92

Established Member
Reaction score
I use mane and tail products, but my hair is naturally dry and coarse. I find that leave-in products help more with dryness than conditioner. Shampoo isn't going to do **** for your hairloss. The only one that has a marginal effect on scalp dht is keta 2%, like nizoral. I order my finesteride from alldaychemist. 90 pills cost like $15, plus the flat $25 shipping rate. Do what you will with that information. The first thing you need to do is get on finesteride, whatever the source. Kirkland's minoxidil 5% is cheap and just as effective as the name brand, so that's what i'd suggest using for regrowth. Just browse the website. Look at the success stories, take the applied knowledge that led to regrowth/maintenance, and use it in your own regimen. Big 3 all the way.
Not OP, but thanks found this post really useful.