My Last Regime

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
I first noticed my hair thin around about August 3 years ago. I was 25, so I assume I've been losing hair for 4 years, given that I hadnt grown it out since I was 18, simply didnt notice it early.

I've tried the big 3... finasteride for 4 months with big sides, minoxidil for 12 months and nizoral daily for the 2 years until last April.

After stopping finasteride and later minoxidil, my hair was still stable while using nizarol every morning with no other treatments for almost a full year, very slow and mild loss.

I lost my job in April, lost my flat too, my daily routines went out the window along with my pink shampoo.

I'm back on my feet now in a new job and as of last week I picked up my first wage in 4 months. I'm putting aside 300 pound to spend on treatments and am willing to spend 50-100 per month there after, thats my budget, I need help spending it.

I still have a NW1 hairline and I'm not slick anywhere, my heads covered in lots of invisible white hair, I look completly bald..

Any ideas?

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Theres a topic in here somewhere on something called RU. Its a topical androgen blocker, so you should check it out since you got finasteride sides. Other than that I'd recommend Minoxidil 5% foam in the morning, liquid at night and if you are feeling experimental grab a derma roller. On this site there is a get my treatments tab at the top. There is a cream called Spironolactone. try that out also.

If you wanna risk it you could try dutasteride, some people that get sides on finasteride dont on dutasteride.

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok a bit more info on what I'm looking for..

As far as I understand it, I need to do 3 things...

1. Block or lower DHT.
2. Grow new and mature existing hair.
3. A missing X factor to liven both up

For DHT- nizoral did a fine job for me so its in there, plus as a shampoo its good for washing other topical gunk out. I do think I need to give it a helping hand somehow though... ideas welcome, open to anything.

Growth- I'm going to give those anti-fungals a try along with miz unless anybody can trump that..? I have put an anti foot fungus cream lightly on my head once (for some reason, prob reading here) and felt an instant tingling/burning feeling EXACTLY on my temples and a little less all ove the thinning area, so theres something there.

An extra- stem cells, liver cleanse, no wanking, injections... I'm open to cheap ideas and this bit is why I'm here :)

I'm going to be improving my diet and fitness anyway so my liver should be ok lol, let myself go a bit since losing the job..

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
Missed that reply.

I've dermarolled before, 2-3 times a week when I was on minoxidil, very painful but I guess it wont hurt.

As for dutasteride, no chance. RU I like the idea of but it causes other problems doesnt it? I'll need to educate myself

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
From what I have read on these forums RU very rarely has sides. There is also "C" something that does it too. Same deal have to mix it yourself ect.

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
how does the folligen spray look after its on? is it the sort of thing i could use in the morning and wear in the day?

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
no folligen spray users then?

right now im certain to wash every morning with nizoral and to use mico vaginal cream overnight, i know theres room there for more.

too many products, too much info, too many theories.... virtually no photographic evidence or testimonials lol

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
BrightonBaldy said:
how does the folligen spray look after its on? is it the sort of thing i could use in the morning and wear in the day?

I've just started reusing the folligen i bought at the turn of the year, but I've diluted it, since it was burning my scalp! It's potent stuff.

I have mousey hair so it doesn't really show and it dries quickly, if you have light blond hair there's a folligen for blondes but i don't think it's copper peptides, it's tin instead.

I'll carry on using it, only if i don't get a reaction because compared to other stuff such as revivogen, spironolactone and ru it's a doddle to apply.

Couldn't tell you whether or not it works though on hair though.

Copper peptides definitely work on skin though i've used them over 5 years with fantastic effect.

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
ok, thanks for that.

ive read on here in the past that tin peptides are better for hair growth but dont provide the all-round scalp care copper peptides do.

given im blonde, im going to go with the tin version, ill need something else to heal the scalp on top of it..

misread, edit- so what have copper peptides done for you?

slurms mackenzie

Established Member
Reaction score
BrightonBaldy said:
ok, thanks for that.

ive read on here in the past that tin peptides are better for hair growth but dont provide the all-round scalp care copper peptides do.

given im blonde, im going to go with the tin version, ill need something else to heal the scalp on top of it..

misread, edit- so what have copper peptides done for you?

Your skin glows off them! In a good way, it also made made the appearance of crows feet lessen.

If you order from skin biology they often chuck in samples or you can normally claim some sort of free gift, when i ordered folligen 4oz, i merely ordered another 1oz. If you're curious about the effects on your skin see if you can pick up a sample when you order. (heck i'd even go so far as to ask them)

Note the free gift was definitely on offer last time i checked, and for internatonal orders, I'm guessing you're from the UK given your name.

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah im in the uk mate.

ive got it on my list with more nizoral and mico, i want something else.

any new treatments just coming out that you guys want field tested?

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
strange, can only see folligen for blondes on sale in the americas.

has it been rebranded for the uk?

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
right, ive ordered nizarol as its the best product ive used for hairloss.

which got me thinking, the active ingredient is keto, it worked for me in the past, so why not get the cream aswell? daktarin gold in the post..

want to grow too and like i say the one time anti-fungal creams been on my head i felt somethin in exactly the male pattern baldness area, so getting daktarin mico too.

i plan use the nizoral every morning and the other two at night about an hour apart so there isnt too much conjestion.

i really want a clear topical i can use after my morning shower and another shampoo to rotate nizoral with, something a bit different and 'out there'

gonna try and get the copper in there somewhere..

ill post up pics when the stuff arrives

BrightonBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
forgot about this until yesterday.

been a month of nizoral 5 times a week and both the keto and mico creams every night.

i had my reservations about using both creams together but they were wiped out after my first application, my scalp EATS this stuff. i can touch my head after an hour and its dry, so i know its getting fully absorbed. think a buzzed with no guard haircut helps there.

anyway i heard the greatest thing ever this weekend, twice.. 'are you growing your hair back?'

i cant see any change but i can feel hair everywhere, so who knows.

thread needs pictures or theres no point, ill get on that tomorrow, busy today.

also cleaned up my diet a bit too, was as simple as buying a blender. every morning im having a low-fat fruit smoothy for breakfast and making a green one to take to work (nearly always banana and spinach), still having a decent feed at night. the diet change was for more general health gains rather than hairloss.

feeling good though