My life would be perfect if not for this one thing.

Helel

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been feeling down so I've decided to let my feelings out here.

My life is great. I am in a good place right now. I'm not where I want to be but I am pretty content with where I am right now.

Everything would be perfect if not for my hair. I've reached NW3. I grew out my hair to do a comb over but slowly that is starting to not work. My receding hair line is killing me. What makes it worse is the fact that I have a large forehead.

My life sucks so bad right now. I wish I could just bite the bullet and try finasteride but my friends tell me that it is not worth it because the side effects and all. They insist that if I were to stop stressing (I stress a lot and am a very anxious person) it will come back.

It's so weird. My friends say that it is all in my mind that I am losing hair. "You have a full head of hair! Stop making it a big deal!" I almost want to believe them but I know that it is too good to be true.

If only finasteride didn't have such bad side effects and I didn't have to run the risk of possibly having the reverse effect and making my hair fall faster.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah don't try it, it will probably work for you, you probably won't have sides, and if you do they'll go away when you quit. Still don't try it, your friends tell you not to, and i assume they're experts on the subject and have very good reason for giving you such stupid uninformed advice.

stillfullheadofhair

Reaction score
I think you should try some current safe topical treatments (like minxodil, spironolactone cream, keto shampoo) first, and see if you can stop further loss or slow the progress. Within 3-5 years, some decent treatments (regrow or at least halt male pattern baldness) with no side effect should be released, and we can use that to keep our hair until the final stem cell cure come out (may be decades away, but as long as we have effective, side-free treatment, we don't need to worry too much).

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
These feelings of absolute inferiority wouldn't exist if society didn't do such a wonderful job of completely humiliating and destroying any hopes of bald men the feeling of acceptance. As much as a cure for hair loss is needed, so is an antidote for the total f*cking stupidity of society.

bibz

Established Member
Reaction score
LAL dude I'm so glad I'm much more smarter than you. I jumped on finasteride in the first sign of male pattern baldness, and today I'm like a Norwood 1.7865229 lal
You think that your life is bad? We will see when you'll reach the NW4 or 5 stade, then you will be so depressed that you will jump to finasteride, but cuz of all the ****s in your head about sides effect etc, you WILL HAVE them, and at this moment your life WILL BE VERY BAD.
Stop bitching and go immediatly to finasteride dumbass, its not like if we were in 90's or the begining of 2000, during the next 5 and 10 years we will have better treatments, probably not a cure but better treatments than finasteride or dutasteride, SO jump on it if you want to gain extra LIFE TIME for you hair before the next gen treatments.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Your friends are doing you a disservice with all the BS they are putting in your head. In addition to scaring you away from one of the best treatments we have, telling you "that it is all in your mind" is just as harmful. Delaying treatment is one of the biggest mistakes I made. Don't let the same thing happen to you.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
finasteride does have sides, just not on everyone, you don't know till you try