My long-term finasteride input

drinkrum

Reaction score
Since it seems like no one checked out the old thread in which I just posted some pics, here's the link:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... 1&start=10

In the bottom two posts, I answered some questions and also used my digital camera to take some pictures. I've been on finasteride for 4+ years (since 2000). I have some pictures that I took yesterday on my Yahoo! account as well as some pictures I took in late June when I had buzzed my head to a #1.

Anyway, I hope this is all helpful to you newbies.

D.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Your hair looks good Drinkrum... don't really look like you have a male pattern baldness problem, especially those temples - hardly looks like you have receeded. Do you feel you have lost some of the gains from up to the 2+ period?

Jude

Established Member
Reaction score
drinkrum said:
Since it seems like no one checked out the old thread in which I just posted some pics, here's the link:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/discussions ... 1&start=10

In the bottom two posts, I answered some questions and also used my digital camera to take some pictures. I've been on finasteride for 4+ years (since 2000). I have some pictures that I took yesterday on my Yahoo! account as well as some pictures I took in late June when I had buzzed my head to a #1.

Anyway, I hope this is all helpful to you newbies.

D.

Man, i would chop my balls off and flush them down the toilet to have hair like yours.

pharoh

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree Jude I'd love to have anywhere near the sort of hair he has...but then like I've always said, there are people on this site who are losing their hair, and then there are those who are "losing their hair"...

I feel really sorry for drinkrum that he's been on finasteride for 4 years and had to put up with those side effects. Sure, there maye a tiny bit of difuse thinning, but certainly not what anyone would take a second look at, even I wouldn't take a second look and I over-inspect everyones hair when I'm out and at work.

I could have done something about my hairloss a lot earlier, but I didnt want it to mess up my life, so I forgot about it for several years. Sure my hair might be in a better position now if i did something about it 2 years ago, but atleast I had fun and wasn't worrying everyday about going bald

if I was drinkrum I would be in heaven. I would also get off the finasteride and have my sex-drive back and start worrying about hairloss when it became noticeable. But good luck anyway :)

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Drinkrum your hair looks awesome but im gonna have to disagree with the rest of them and say i would never chop my balls of and flush them down a toilet.........i would HAVE! to have a proper burial.