My male pattern baldness and stuff

earms84

Reaction score
I came to the realization that I was losing my hair when I was 18. That really wasn't that cool, and I was super self conscious about for at least the next 5 years.

I started with Rogaine to try to stop my hair loss and had some success with that. My best results were when I started taking Propecia. That stopped my hair loss in it's tracks and actually helped to bring some hair back. I'm sure that using Propecia and Rogaine together helped the recovery some.

I am still using Minoxidil, but I have switched to the generic version because it's so much cheaper.

I've used several different biotin shampoos and conditioners, but I don't really put much stock in them. I've also taken a hair loss supplement, but who knows if that helped much either. I also had a brief fling with a hair laser, but I'd rather not admit to that.

I also switched to the generic version of Finasteride. I have to cut the 5 mg pulls into 4ths, but that way it runs me a few dollars a month instead of $70 or $80 for the name brand stuff.

I spent the past 3 years buzzing me hair to like 1/8 of an inch, but my wife convinced me to grow it back out about 6 months ago. Apparently she was tired of basically looking at my scalp all the time. I'm somewhere between a Norwood 2 and 3, so thankfully I still have enough hair to do something with.

I'm really lucky to have maintained my hairline over the last 10 years with my current regimen.

I started a website to try to help guys who are dealing with the same thing as me, but I won't give that out here.

Any advice or success stories that anyone else has had are greatly appreciated.

earms84

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I think that I got lucky with really early treatments, but I still remember being like 18 years old and counting all the hairs that would come off in my hands when I washed my hair. Those days weren't that cool.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have my success story in my signature as someone who has been affected by male pattern baldness as a teen

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
NW3 is not bad at all, you should be happy.

You don't belong here, go out and enjoy life as a privileged hair guy.

NW3 is pretty bad, changes your look completely. Styling options are very limited at this point.

earms84

Reaction score
NW3 is pretty bad, changes your look completely. Styling options are very limited at this point.

I definitely agree. There are certain ways that I can style my hair if I want to look super bald.

- - - Updated - - -

I have my success story in my signature as someone who has been affected by male pattern baldness as a teen

I haven't tried Nizoral. Do you feel like you've had good results with it?

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I definitely agree. There are certain ways that I can style my hair if I want to look super bald.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't tried Nizoral. Do you feel like you've had good results with it?

nizoral barely does anything

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score

I have been styling my hair this way for years.