My new regimen without finasteride/dutasteride . . .

j3nate

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok everybody, as the title says I am trying very hard to find any degree of sucess without finasteride or dutasteride

things tried in the past:

finasteride/dutasteride: works very well for me, within two months my hair gets thicker, balding spots less obvious, little shed, but i get sexual sides, and feel not as good

Xandrox: Can't say this ever did anything at any concentration

spironolactone Cream: Can't say this ever did anything. Tried to quit finasteride and just use spironolactone cream and xandrox, did not stop the massive shed that came 4 weeks without finasteride

RU : Not sure, seemed like it slowed down loss, but at 8 weeks after quitting dutasteride, I could not deny how bad my hair had gotten

Hydrocortisone: recently tried this by itself, after 4 weeks, hair looked very thing, lots of shedding, very little density

So my conclusion is that once I stop dutasteride (which I am currently using topically) if any treatment can keep massive hairloss from happening within 8 weeks, there is a possibility it can work for me

So, I am trying a ton of stuff for only two months to see if any of it will work for me, if it doesn't, i don't know . .. maybe I'll just sulk, who knows, but the ultimate goal is maintenance of hair with no side effects

1. Blackcurrant Oil, Fish Oil, Green Tea Extract - a few have gotten good results on just these internals

2. Fluridil - just ordered a 2 month supply, once a day, right before bed, have not had good results with DHT blocker (spironolactone) but maybe this will be better. A handful of people have claimed good results, a handful have not. I just want maintenance

3. Spectral DNC - A lot of great stories about Spectral, very few bad ones, 2X a day, minoxidil plus a lot of great stuff, procyanidins, amenixil, vitamin complex, nanosomes, etc.

4. Prox-N - SODs, copperpeptides, some people have had good results, Bryan claims to have maintained on it

All in all this is about 150 a month, so far I have paid for 2 months worth of all of it, If after 8 weeks, I think that it has prevented the major loss I always experience after quitting dutasteride (quit finasteride or dutasteride at least 6 times now in the last 4 years, each time had to go back) then i know something is working, then i just figure out what

Any of you have experience on any of these WITHOUT finasteride/dutasteride?

Any comments on the new regimen?

j3nate

Established Member
Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
1. Blackcurrant Oil, Fish Oil, Green Tea Extract - a few have gotten good results on just these internals

Like who?

Well, let's see, over oh HLH a poster named follijinxed i think has claimed to keep his hair for over a year without finasteride using, blackcurrant, green tea, fish oil, spriulina, and i think a couple other naturals, also, a poster named hogan i think orginated these fish oil methods and i think he got good results, this is also just a couple other supplements away from IH regimen, which a few people have had results for, i know this is only a few people and maybe they are wrong,but i think it's worth a shot, and this part of the new regimen is by far the cheapest, so it's ok

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
If your using dutasteride topically what kinds of side effects were you getting??

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
j3nate said:
hair today gone tomorrow said:

Like who?

Well, let's see, over oh HLH a poster named follijinxed i think has claimed to keep his hair for over a year without finasteride using, blackcurrant, green tea, fish oil, spriulina, and i think a couple other naturals, also, a poster named hogan i think orginated these fish oil methods and i think he got good results, this is also just a couple other supplements away from IH regimen, which a few people have had results for, i know this is only a few people and maybe they are wrong,but i think it's worth a shot, and this part of the new regimen is by far the cheapest, so it's ok

interesting.....

j3nate

Established Member
Reaction score
KiLLuMiNaTi said:
If your using dutasteride topically what kinds of side effects were you getting??

The exact same sides that you get if you take dutasteride orally

Lowered libido, weight gain, feeling bloated, less energy

Topical dutasteride gives me LESS sides than when taking dutasteride orally, and I think it helps your hair faster too, but because of dutasteride's long half life, any amount that gets into your blood will stay around long enough to cause sides, its effect is not local, it's systemic

I keep using it, cuz i get LESS sides, quicker results, and less dutasteride actually gets into my body, probably less than half the pill

but the sides are not so small that i want to keep taking it

KiLLuMiNaTi

Established Member
Reaction score
Damn that sucks

bornthisway

Established Member
Reaction score
j3nate said:

Any comments on the new regimen?

I ordered Spirulina and Black currant oil today as well as some other products off iHERB. I am on finasteride and considering minoxidil foam on hairline/temples. The finasteride I ordered was generic and my hair loss worsened versus when I was on proscar (as I maintained). The finasteride I ordered was from EvoPharmacy which appears reputable according to a few people on this forum.. the pharmacy closed because a product they carried was a fake I guess, screwed by a supplier? So, I was worried that the finasteride is fake or the fact it's made in India through a different process may be the reason it isn't working. I'm debating ordering procar from the company that bought them out apparently, elitenetpharmacy, for 68$ which is many times more expensive though it's made by Merck. Though, I do not think I will drop finasteride at any point. What do you all think of minoxidil just at hairline/temples? I'm guessing someone has had some results with that combo.