My Nw0 hair transplant. Density, Color And Shape Issue

CookieMonster1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Greetings.
I am 10months post-hair transplant, approx 3000 hairs added to the hairline to create nw0.
AFAIK i was not balding at all pre-hair transplant but natural hairline was high. Hairline was light blond so appeared very sparse/balding.

See attached for before/after
hair transplant pic.jpg

first row: just after hair transplant, 10m post-hair transplant
second and third row: before/after
fourth row: coloring issue with new darker hair beside lighter pre-hair transplant hair

Hairline looks unnatural now due to low density and darker color.

- Should I need a second hair transplant for density?
- Opinions on shape/symmetry of new hairline?
- I am 29, if I start TRT (testosterone) should I wait until signs of male pattern baldness before taking finasteride?
- Should I begin a routine for hair preservation without signs of male pattern baldness?

Thanks and hope my post is useful for others to see

CookieMonster1

My Regimen
Reaction score
@antydhtor

thanks for reply. I'm sure this is not a regular query for hair transplant/male pattern baldness forums, i.e. nw0 hairlines.

Agreed that sharp angular hairlines look artificial, only slight degree of rounding however to prevent that look.
Agreed also not many surgeons can hair transplant to lower hairlines, had I a choice again I would first, dye my lighter hairs to fill in and then maybe scalp advancement of frontal rather than hair transplant FUE.

The contours and protrusions on the skull itself should be reference points for where hairline should be, my hair transplant does not match them.
Also agreed only 1-hair single grafts should be used on the hairline, I have double and hope it will not be noticeable after second hair transplant. Also, yes density should be highest at visible frontal hairline.

AFAIK no signs of male pattern baldness now but will take inspection and monitor for future. I see you are anti-DHT but really I would like to preserve DHT as is tolerable by my follicles. Only will resort to finasteride/RU upon male pattern baldness beginning. Would monitor DHT on TRT also.

Really I don't want to advise on a clinic. IT was only an easily found clinic in Turkey and procedure carried out by 2 tech's. Nothing special.

My ideal was a nw0 that would frame my face as many of top male models hairlines, but applicable to my ethnicity, white-european.
Regarding D'Sa and Vincent those hairlines are too low for me. I would imagine many clinics will refuse that as it is less than beyond nw0, maybe Norwood-1.

Are you FTM transitioning by any chance, I ask because your wish for rounded female hairline (plus avi pic) and also your routine involving estradiol

Regardless, best of luck with your goals. I will be pursuing second hair transplant for density and shape correction.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
NW0 looks like low IQ if you aren't model looking like Lachowski

NW1-1.5 looks better on most of males especially after 30 imho

(just opinion)

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bro, do you have any links to any research/studies which confirm that the people who have NW0 hairline or lower, have a low IQ and they are stupid ?

I also could say (vice versa) that the people who are bald or if they shave their head, must be morons. Yeah, probably, they are idiots. It's not personal, it's just opinion. - Yes, it sounds similar like your comment.

I don't think that Frank Vincent and Ian D'Sa are stupid or they could be stupid.

And maybe I'm stupid ? Ha ha ha..... Am I ?

I said they look stupid but not stupid.

11_21_350x450_napolitano_andrew-jpg.32341

It is like bald people look old.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Judging by your post op photo, it looks like your original hairline was a bit receded, NW2. I doubt you had that shape at 16...
If your natural hair colour is dark brown but you have blond hairs on your hairline, that means you have hair loss there. Follicle miniaturisation