My Regime - All advice welcome.

stoja

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi fellas,

Little background information about myself. I am 24 years old have been losing hair since i was 18 and decided to do something about it only 2 years ago. I tried finasteride however experienced sides and I am not willing to give it another go. I have just come back from a six month holiday and my hair is in the worst state it has ever been as I did not follow a regime and my health was at an all time low due to all the drinking and bad eating habits.

Now I am back home and am looking to get back into a routine that can help me restore my hair to where it was before I left overseas.

I am using:

5% spironolactone cream 1xdaily
5% minoxidil 1x daily
nizoral 2% EOD

Also supplementing with:

Biotin 5000mg 1xdaily
Saw Palmetto 320mg 1xdaily
Green Tea Extract 1xdaily
Omega 3,6,9

Could I please get some feedback on this regime and any advice on what I might look at dropping/adding to this regime.

Thanks for reading!

stoja

Established Member
Reaction score
Just a side note. I am about a Norwood 2/2.5 and have been very slowly losing my hair for 6 years.

stoja

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply CC

The sides I got from finasteride included brain fog, decrease libido, weaker erections and mild depression. I was not using any other anti androgen at the time and can confidently say it was the finasteride that caused these side effects.

I am using kirklands minoxidil at the moment with steady results.

stoja

Established Member
Reaction score
Manutd4545 said:
You certainly need to add a DHT blocker otherwise you will continue to lose ground.

any suggestions?

something other than finasteride/dutasteride and that doesn't involve me buying powders/mixing my own solutions would be great.

Hellboy666

Established Member
Reaction score
Without finasteride is almost impossible keep their hair :thumbdown2:

stoja

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies fellas..

Looks like i will stick to my current regime and keep track of the success of RUM and AP-17 before i decide to go down that path of treatment.