My Regiment " would like your opinion"

G

here is mine and i don't know if it is any good or not but i am just trying to keep what i have not regrow.

Proscar once aday
minoxidil 2% at night
T-gel 3 times a week
Nioxin shampoo and conditioner

let me know what you think

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
one application of minoxidil is not enough. If you're just trying to maintain maybe drop minoxidil altogether. Switch the T-gel for Nizoral. FYI Nioxin shampoo and cond do nothing to stop hair loss...Just in case you didn't know. I really like them as just a shampoo and conditioner though. Also I'm assuming you're splitting the Proscar into 4ths or 5ths right?

BHD

G

yup

ya i am cutting it into four, my hair is thinning at the front that is why i added minoxidil once a day as per my doctor but to tell you the truth i think it has made it worse.

zroca

Reaction score
Re: yup

jkriley said:
ya i am cutting it into four, my hair is thinning at the front that is why i added minoxidil once a day as per my doctor but to tell you the truth i think it has made it worse.

You probably experiencing a shed from the minoxidil, your in to deep might as well just stick with it now, if its made it worse it probably only going to make it better. Almost everyone gets a shed from minoxidil, but the hairs grow back thicker.
Zroca

stabone

Reaction score
jkriley, replace the Nioxin with Nizoral. Add spironolactone Cream. Add Folligen if any irritation. There is a good regime.

hoping

Established Member
Reaction score
mine is fincar 1/4 pill daily
spironolactone 2% at night
minoxidil 5% in the morning
minoxidil 15% at night
nixon cleanser
nizoral 2% every other day..

i really dont think i can do much beter unless i add 15% in the mornings too

JWM

Reaction score
jkriley

I think your regimen is solid. I would only make the following subtle changes:

-Replace 2% minoxidil with 5% if possible. BTW, once a day is perfectly fine for maintenance and even some regrowth. I know of many people who do well on once a day. Use 2 ml instead of 1 ml.

-Replace T-Gel with Nizoral and use it 2-3 times a week alternated with a mild shampoo. Nioxin is expensive and will make your hair look nice, but will do nothing for male pattern baldness.

-Continue using 1.25 mg of Proscar once a day.

-Give this regimen AT LEAST 6-12 months before adding anything else. You can always add things later if the above fails to produce results(although I'm sure it will be fine). Adding too many things in the beginning is a mistake. Start off with the minimum amounts of treatments to produce a result, then add more as needed as time goes on.

JWM

Leirro30

Reaction score
For an all-topical hair-keeping regimen, try the following:

2% Nizoral shampoo every other day, leaving it on the scalp for a full ten minutes minimum.

5% minoxidil 1-2x/day

5% Azelaic Acid 2x/day

2% or 5% spironolactone lotion/cream 2x/day

That's the most potent, proven hair stack available today.

JesusFreak

Established Member
Reaction score
Antiandrogen: Topical 2% spironolactone and/or Finasteride

Growth Stimulator: minoxidil 5% and/or Copper peptide

Inflammation: Both Nizoral shampoo and Copper Peptide

Anti-fibrotic: Copper Peptide (very important, since male pattern baldness is essentially caused by fibrosis, and Cu-peptides eliminate fibrosis)