My Rogaine foam stopped foaming!

WorldofWarcraft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ugh, W T F !.

My rogaine foam doesn't foam anymore, and I barely used any of this can so it can't be because there isnt anything left in it.

It now just fizzles out this alcoholic sh*t. It doesn't smell the same either. How do I know if this sh*t that dribbles out has the monixidil in it?

The can is full of liquid and it won't foam out anymore! :cry:

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
something odd about that, maybe it was leaking out the gas that forces it out of the bottle and into foam. there is obviously still minoxidil in there tho. i'd personally keep using it, or start a new can and save it for if you ever run out and havn't bought more yet.

chr1s

Established Member
Reaction score
I've heard this happen to some people, tho it hasnt happened to me yet. This reminds me of the same thing that happens to cans of whipped cream. Make sure on your next bottle to always do these things:

1) Shake the can before you use it.
2) Don't squirt the foam out unless the can is upside down. Everytime you squeeze that nozzle and you hear air come out instead of rogaine, you are leaving behind foam that you will never get.
3) Don't keep it in a place that is too warm or humid!! This is what I think happened with your can. If you didn't, then maybe the can was in a hot place before it got to you. Check to see if your other cans are the same (assuming you bought a bundle). Once this stuff is heated it's ruined.

The Dangerman

Established Member
Reaction score
The same thing happens to by shaving foam occasionally, probably just a dodgy can that's all, it happens. If you can be really bothered you could try and get a refund but I'd just throw it away and start a new can.

JohnnySeville

Established Member
Reaction score
You have to make sure the can is perfectly straight down when dispensing it, otherwise you will expel the propellant with less minoxidil, eventually you will end up in your condition. I have been using a few cans so far and have not had a problem.

Cassin

Reaction score
johnnyseville said:
You have to make sure the can is perfectly straight down when dispensing it, otherwise you will expel the propellant with less minoxidil, eventually you will end up in your condition. .

Thats exactly what I do. If I even have it slightly angeled I can hear extra propellant seeping out.

beaner

Reaction score
I've actually had the opposite happen with my first 2 cans of the stuff. I'd get near the last couple doses and it would be extremely thick compared to the rest of the can.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
beaner said:
I've actually had the opposite happen with my first 2 cans of the stuff. I'd get near the last couple doses and it would be extremely thick compared to the rest of the can.
same here
what does that mean?

Cassin

Reaction score
roki said:
beaner said:
same here
what does that mean?

Probably nothing to worry about!

I have had the same thing.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Here is a few remedies I tell my patients to do. Hit the Rogaine Foam can hard 3 times with a Big Cane and watch it FOAM at the mouth. If that does not work hold the can in your hand,close your eyes, click your heals 3 times and say There is No Place Like Foam, There is No Place like Foam!!!!! Good luck, Gotta Go Cameron is paging me. 8)

Artista

Established Member
Reaction score
Just cuz it won't foam anymore doesn't mean it won't be as effective. I have decent amount of hair, so for me if it gets liquidy, it's easy to get on my scalp vs in my hair too.