My sad desperate story, and deciding to stop my useless regimen! -___-

Unknown Soul

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm a guy who suffers from a major noticeable bald and thinning hair (in frontal and crown areas) since the age of 18, right now I'm 22.
I've been lurking in here for 2 years reading about your experiences and your recommendations.
I've been using Minoxidil for 2 years and a half, Propecia for a year, Nizoral for 4 months, and Hairmax for 4 months.
As you can see I'm using all the scientific proven medicines for androgenic alopecia problem. But guess what? None of them seems to work for me!
Minoxidil gave me nothing but dandruff, Propecia is a total waste of money and I kept living in fear of the sexual side effects. Nizoral only stops dandruff, and Hairmax is a waste of time.

My noticeable bold started at the age of 18 and until now without noticing any major changes, I think my bald genes in our family are very strong (it's from both my father's family and my mother's family), because it only took me 5 months at the age of 18 for my hair to change from a normal looking hair to a noticeable bold and thinning areas. So it's either my bald genes are much stronger for these medicines to work or maybe my hair condition is far too worse for these medicines to work for me (after all, all the people who got benefits from these drugs are people who have norwood 1 or 2).

So for now, I'm going to stop all of them one by one by starting with Propecia. This medicine made me live in fear for a year from the day I started using it and my hopes were up to see good results since it's the one that most of users and doctors recommends, but alas, I didn't see any results. In fact I got some of the side effects of Propecia! Yeah morning wood is gone and there were days where I feel like I'm asexual! It's also consumed most of my money. As a student, I just can't keep this up or I'll end up broke! In other words, I've been risking my health and wasting my money for a year for nothing!!!
My hair was always falling but at a moderate level but recently, my hair started to aggressively fall a lot. I've been like that for a month now. So wasn't Propecia supposed to stop hair from falling? Now why am I suffering from an aggressive hair fall??

As for Minoxidil, I didn't see any hair growth for the whole two years and a half. The only thing I noticed was a hair which is very very small in size that you can't notice them unless you got close to the mirror with the light turned on (I think it's called buzzed hair or something), it's also exist in my forehead. It also made me suffer from a bad dandruff in my frontal and crown hair. Before I started using Minoxidil, I didn't know what a dandruff is.
Nizoral is only useful to stop my dandruff but it soon comes back because I keep using Minoxidil, so I'll just keep using it until I'm done with Minoxidil.

As for Hairmax, it's been only four months but the description says it'll work for some people after three months and some people can take up to 6 months to work. So I'll just keep using it and see where will this leads me.

So right now, I'm going to start stopping Propecia, I'll just take one tablet a day and a day off, after two weeks I'll be taking on tablet every two days and so on. Once I'm done with Propecia, I'll start stopping Minoxidil in the same way I stopped Propecia. Since my hair keeps falling with using all these drugs, I'll just let it fall naturally. Instead of wasting my money for these drugs, I'll just save up for a hair transplant. I'm 22, So I'll have to wait 3 years until my age becomes 25 (since that's lowest recommended age for a hair transplant). And just hoping and praying for a better permanent solution for this curse that caused desperation in our lifes. -_____-

Reaction score
keep your head up bro...

try using some pgd2 blockers and experimenting with new stuff...... in the end your life is not dictated by your hair....

If you've technically already given up, then what do you have to lose... go out live life.........

Unknown Soul

Reaction score
For some reason, I can't post links!
I wonder why, is it the forum's policy? I only want to let people see what kind of condition I'm suffering, in any case I think I'm at norwood 4 going to 5.
Yeah I'm that bad at the age of 22.
And thanks Harry for cheering me up!

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
keep your head up bro...

try using some pgd2 blockers and experimenting with new stuff...... in the end your life is not dictated by your hair....

If you've technically already given up, then what do you have to lose... go out live life.........

+1

Hairloss is just what it is. Monks cut it off to rid ego. I can't see your pics but most of you guys are paranoid. I bet you are worried over nothing or its early stages of male pattern baldness. In that case, accept it for what it is.

Read Eckhart Tolle.

Accept what you feel. Understand, you likely are creating more suffering for yourself. If you can come to grips with it, visit a old age home or hospital. See people that are dying. Escape self. In doing so, you'll lose this pity and ego. You'll let go. If you can do so, you can love yourself, and accept more love from others.

I buried family. I have been in a dark place. I felt alone and unloved. I thought of giving up. When you are surrounded by darkness, know with certainty, the light isn't far beyond.

Unknown Soul

Reaction score
My main post is back after disappearing (I had no idea that posting outside links is against the policy of this forum).

Thanks meetjoeblack, yeah I'll just try to accept it and live with it. Life was never perfect to begin with.