My short story... asking hair transplant questions...

oxymoron

Reaction score
Ok, i have pretty decent hair loss in the crown. It's random (un even) and not good to look at in public. I have gone au-natural until the "weird, what'sup with your head" comments have finally forced me into baseball caps 24/7. I fortunately am in construction and have a hardhat on most of the time. As the hardhat fucks up my hair, I can put a cap on with business atire when i'm not in the field. I'm 35 btw.
I have tried rogaine, and it severly dried out my scalp to the large flaky strips falling off point. I really can only use nizoral at 1% every 3 days or I flake like a madman as well. I've been on propecia since early '07 and it's saved what i have left on top. Thank god for finasteride! I do have very minor sides but I can live w/ 'em. Currently i'm goin with fourths of proscars, nightly.
I currently use toppik for going out. My friends haven't said squat about it, but I think they're just plotting the moment to tie me down and wash off my crown to see how tha hell I have a thinning crown to bald *** crown dependent on days vs the evenings.
I'll post some pics.... toppik is crazy good as weird as the sh*t is. Of course, I'll post some good pics without as well.
I finally made a few trips to Boseley, Hairclub and MHR. They all were really cool and not as greedy as they're made out to be. Although, it's the quality of docs that scares me. If there is one thing that I've read about and truely understand at this point is that you will have to live with an hair transplant for rest of your life and it's not like your paying chump change for it. If you go to a chain hair transplanter, you'll surely find out that it's a roll of the dice. Like most of us, I will have to dip into credit to get mine done tho.
So speaking of hair transplant's, I've been researching clinics and have settled on Dr. Cole in Atl. I have relatives there as well that I've been meaning to see so it works out pretty slick. I am going to do 1000 grafts fue. I don't want to fill in what i'm missing, but i just want the crown to look natural. Cole said it's easily achieveable with 1000 grafts so I booked a date. The concerns that I have at this point are... am I doing enough, am going to right Doctor and how long it's going to take to see the results. I'll repeat; I don't necessarily want to fill the area in, but I want to even things out and fill it in just a bit.
Would you guys take a look and let me know from your experience if i'm way off base.
Thanks a ton in advance!

Attachments

• back.sml file.JPG
    back.sml file.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 960
  • top small.JPG
    top small.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 204
  • DSCF3042.JPG
    DSCF3042.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 968
  • DSCF3046.JPG
    DSCF3046.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 215

Petchsky

Reaction score
I'd say 1000 grafts should do the job, plus it FUE, so recovery won't be to much of an ordeal. Sweet as a nut oxy, be great if you could use this thread as your own personal log thoughout your transplant for others to see and read.

When you getting it done?

ryan-uk

Reaction score
where do you live, London? cos I went to Harley Street and considering getting it done there.

Petchsky

Reaction score
ryan-uk said:
where do you live, London? cos I went to Harley Street and considering getting it done there.

Why? not heard of ant decent h/t Dr's there, it sounds good, but mostly hacks imo