My story (19 years old)

ugotownedtoo

Reaction score
Hey guys, just joined the forum but I've been reading a lot for the past few months so I decided to make a thread now. So I've noticed hair loss about last year. I've always kept my hair long so I didn't notice it much but my mom is a hairdresser and was telling me it was getting thinner, so first I noticed my crown losing a lot of hair.. my hairline is not bad but still thin.. hence I'm a diffuse thinner (only on top of course, not sides and back), so I'm keeping my hair long.. but u can still see my scalp if i lift up my hair. Well I've been taking rogaine 2% for about a month, then switched to 5%. No sides on that nothing yet, I was on generic finasterside for about a month but stopped using it cause sides were a bit scary, but thinking of going back on it because of my diffuse thinning. And maybe nizoral too. Well here are some pics, my crown is the worst and the diffuse thinning just makes everything look even worse.
So this has really lowered my confidence by a LOT.. don't even like going out anymore.
btw my hairline looks a bit good on the pictures but, one side looks a bit more receded and the little hairs in front make it seem better but in my opinion it's just an illusion..
Opinions would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

vFkNr.jpg

2Nhaa.jpg

ZSLbW.jpg

eqFIo.jpg

ugotownedtoo

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, yeah you are right, well I'm going to go back on finasteride today, but I mean it's risky like what if I was on finasteride without minoxidil and I had gotten less results than WITH minoxidil, kind of a gamble I guess, I suppose I have to be patient

kthxbi

Established Member
Reaction score
jump on finasteride. i started losing my hair around 16, noticed it 2 years later maybe, wish i'd had the level of hairline you have when i started treatments. definitely i'd say get on finasteride and you'll be grand.

good luck brother. losing hair this young fucking sucks.

ugotownedtoo

Reaction score
Alright will do ! wish I didn't stop finasteride after 1 month, oh well, gotta start over. But yeah I agree.. I mean it wouldn't bother me THAT much if I was losing my hair if I was older but this young.. gah, and my hairline is meh, mostly my crown and top area that are bugging me the most (the diffuse thinning) >_>. But thanks, good luck to you too !